Acer Enduro N3 Sata mode BIOS setting

lvn2000
lvn2000 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello,

Could you please help me with resolving of problem with changing of setting for SATA MODE in BIOS.

I've tried to install linux as second OS on my Notebook Acer Enduro N3, but got error about RST problem (details hee https://help.ubuntu.com/rst/ ). I can't change settings in BIOS ( it's unaccessible for editing).

Write me please - how can make changes in BIOS ? I've tried to change it via using safe mode of boot of Windows. But this menuitem (Sata mode in Information tab in BIOS) is steel unaccessible for editing.

Thank you.

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Keep system in safe boot mode. Re-enter the BIOS menu MAIN tab. Press Ctrl+S to reveal hidden VMD controller or iRST option. Disable VMD or iRST option. Press F10 to save settings and exit to boot into safe mode and load normal AHCI drivers. Then run 'msconfig' and uncheck box for safe boot in the BOOT tab. Shut down safe mode. The reboot laptop to make sure regular Windows boot OK in AHCI SATA mode. Then you should be OK install Linux alongside Windows.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>YES!! It's working! :) I've pressed Ctrl+S on internally keyboard>>>

Congratulations on your success. USB keyboards often aren't fully functional at the BIOS level. Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Keep system in safe boot mode. Re-enter the BIOS menu MAIN tab. Press Ctrl+S to reveal hidden VMD controller or iRST option. Disable VMD or iRST option. Press F10 to save settings and exit to boot into safe mode and load normal AHCI drivers. Then run 'msconfig' and uncheck box for safe boot in the BOOT tab. Shut down safe mode. The reboot laptop to make sure regular Windows boot OK in AHCI SATA mode. Then you should be OK install Linux alongside Windows.

Jack E/NJ

• lvn2000

Tinkerer

Thank you for answer. But it's "Press Ctrl+S to reveal hidden VMD controller or iRST option" not working for me and I can't " Disable VMD or iRST option." :(

• What is the exact model? Example: EN314-51W. Are you following the correct path? You have to access the main tab and then press the CTRL+S keys, as reported by colleague jacke.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lvn2000

Tinkerer

Enduro EN314-51W

• Can you send some pics of all the bios settings?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lvn2000

Tinkerer

YES!! It's working! :) I've pressed Ctrl+S on internally keyboard (not on connected external to USB) and I seen this option.

Thank you very much for help.

• JackE
    edited September 2022

Yes, especially a phone photo of the INFORMATION & MAIN & ADVANCED tabs after pressing Ctrl+S if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Did you manage to install ubuntu?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>YES!! It's working! :) I've pressed Ctrl+S on internally keyboard>>>

Congratulations on your success. USB keyboards often aren't fully functional at the BIOS level. Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ