had the recycled acer for 2 months and the hinge screen is breaking??? what do I do?? AV15-51-75QQ

RollinStone
RollinStone Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Hi I love my new acer intel core recycled Aspire Ve3ro AV15-51-75QQ Green PC 15.6 in lab top. Bought it July 27th 2022. Its Sept 10, 2022 and the left side of the screen is coming apart when I open it. i LOVE THIS COMPUTER no problems whatsoever except now. What do I do??

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• RollinStone
    RollinStone Member Posts: 3 New User

And I got it used and the warranty is still in effect. so how do you transfer the warranty

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer

The refurbisher should have a 90 day warranty for you and they should fix it. Likely (warranty depends on your locale, it's different for each country) the original Acer warranty doesn't transfer when resold. Once it's out of warranty there are suggestions we can give to do a repair yourself, but if the refurbisher is going to do it for you then they'll put in new case pieces rather than trying to repair the existing. The issue is typically caused by incorrect technique when opening and closing the laptop. With the newer thin and light designs the case plastic is sensitive to torquing when the case is opened from the corner instead of the center. The torquing can pull the screws loose, stripping the threads from the screw mount portion of the plastic case.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer

What do you mean by recycled? If you mean previously-used by someone else who you bought it from, then sorry no, it's not transferable..

Jack E/NJ