Predator PO3-620 Bluetooth dead

Options
Perplexed2
Perplexed2 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi all,

New here so bear with me. Since upgrading to Windows 11 (Acer has my machine on the compatible list) bluetooth has been a little shady - in that I sometimes had to restart my machine to get bluetooth working. However today it just died completely and will not turn back on.

Does anyone know of a driver that might work? Is it my physical component that is damaged or just software?

Restarting the services did not help. If I restart the Bluetooth User Support service it just ends up being in the Stopped state right after.

Any help appreciated. Back to wired headphones for now :S

Thank you

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Take a look in Device Manager to see if anything is showing up with errors or warnings. Often the error is shown in USB instead of Bluetooth...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @Perplexed2

You can try to reinstall the bluetooth drivers to check if that makes any difference.

NOTE: Make sure to reboot the computer after uninstalling the driver.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• Perplexed2

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks, yes I do see an unknown USB device - what do I do with that?

• Perplexed2

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks, but the Bluetooth does not appear in the list. I also tried inserting a USB bluetooth dongle (Logitech) but that also did nothing.

• Perplexed2

Tinkerer

Options

Update** I got the unknown USB device after installing the Win 10 64bt bluetooth driver from the acer site. They dont currently have any win 11 version to download so that was my only option.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022
    Options

What you need to do is to completely uninstall the BT driver first at Device Manager and then go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Intel Wireless Bluetooth > Uninstall and then reinstall the Acer PO3-620 Bluetooth Driver version: 21.70.0.3 as they are problematic in Win-11 and especially if you did an upgrade and not a clean install of Win-11.

Also, its good practice to install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and make sure that all Win-11 Intel drivers like chipset, graphics and audio drivers are up to date but, be careful with any new Intel Win-11 new BT drivers as allot are not compatible with Acer Bluetooth cards like the Intel AX201 BT card that is fitted to your PO3-620, If this scan does have a new Win-11 BT driver then install it and see if it works? If it does not, then install the OEM PO3-620 BT driver for Win-10 as that will work in Win-11.

Btw, with the Intel scan you can hide any update that you don't want or is not compatible pre download/installation in this Intel scan software as this Intel driver scan has updates that are appropriate to your desktop especially when the PO3-620 doesn't have specific Win-11 drivers and also uninstall all your Nvidia either GTX or RTX graphics/audio drivers completely with Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.4 and then update to the last NVidia Win-11 gpu driver for that is fitted to your desktop. All this should fix your disconnection Bluetooth and associated audio issues.  

• Perplexed2

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you for your help... here are my observations and attempts...

• I removed the unknown USB device in Devices
    • I do not see any an Intel Wireless Bluetooth entry in the list of software to uninstall
    • The Intel installations I see are as follows:
    • - Intel(R) C++...
    • - Intel(R) Chipset Device Software
    • - Intel Driver and Support Assistant
    • - Intel Management Engine Components
    • - Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions

Running the Bluetooth Device setup batch file just makes the Unknown USB device appear again :(

The Intel Driver SUpport showed a ethernet controller update driver which I installed.

Still no bluetooth.... any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

• StevenGen
    Options

It's impossible not to have a Bluetooth appear in Device Manager if your desktop has a Wi-Fi/BT card that works (like and from the OEM Wi-Fi/BT cards list below) and you installed the OEM Acer Bluetooth driver the Intel Driver version: 21.70.0.3, as this driver works for all of them cards below.

Unless you have a different Wi-Fi/BT card fitted, which in that case take the card out and look at it (or send us a caption) of the card that you have as it could be either a NetComm Atheros or a Broadcom type card? Check the fitted Wi-Fi /BT inside your PO3-620 and see what manufacturer/model it is, as that could be faulty also. Also you could buy another card from the list below and try that to see if a new Wi-Fi/BT card works.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Look at your Wireless settings in Device Manager, that will tell you which card is installed. Also try removing the USB controllers and let them reinstall, since the Bluetooth looks to the system like a USB device. My guess is the underlying USB is garbling the data from the Bluetooth, so the system doesn't recognize what type of card it is, so can't load the drivers. The error message on the unknown USB device would be something like Device Description Failed...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.