Predator P05-615S Kingston HyperX RAM issue

askee
askee Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello guys, i'm new on forum, and looking for some help/advices.

Few days ago i bought mainboard from Predator P05-615S with Intel Gold G6405 (as temporary solution) without RAM. I found good deal od 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 2666MHz (don't have full model number) to make a working PC. From previous PC i had Crucial P1 SSD and Gigabyte RX580. What ever i tried to fix problem it was consistant and here is description of problem.

Power on machine, predator logo shows on screen bios post saying del or F12, as soon as it starts to load windows system freezes, USB stops working, and it reboots itself. Second thing was where i tried to run windows from usb without SSD it had some longer proces tried to load windows and again system freezes and reboots itself. In bios i tried enabling/disabling XMP, enabling/disabling secure boot, enabling/disabling TPM, enabling/disabling halt on errors, enabling/disabling temperature shutdown. What ever i tried it comes to loading windows, system freezes and reboots itself. Freeze on system is so hard that it doesn't even responds on restart button on case. Next thing i did was tried putting another graphic card, still same. Managed to update bios it was R01-A1, and i updated to latest R01-A3. Tried with HDD on sata to try installing windows on it, still same. Today i finally managed to borrow another stick of some DDR4 on 2133MHz. Single stick of that RAM pc started immediately, removed that one installed Kingston again, same simptoms as before. Combination of 1 Kingston and borrowed RAM works without problems, 2xKingston and borrowed RAM works without problem, doesn't mater how i put them in slots it works and memory test says no error. As soon as is removed that 1 stick of borrowed RAM PC doesn't want to work... Did anyone got this weird situation with Kingston memory or it is something with memory speed, timings etc?

And my another question would be if anyone knows for sure will Intel's i5-10600kf work on this motherboard (k for some oc, and f since it doesn't have display ports on MB)? I'm assuming it should without any problems but just to make shure before purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

It sounds to me like there is an issue with the memory itself. The memory model should work either in JEDEC or XMP mode. What's happening when you put the 2133MHz stick in is it's dropping the speed on the Kingston to 2133 and it seems to be working there.

You will have heat issues with the i5-10600KF processor, it has a TDP of 125W vs. the 65W for all the stock processors. You will need some heavy duty cooling added to handle the extra power.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • askee

Tinkerer

Thanks for reply,

1. When i put that borrowed module in bios it disables XMP option assuming it doesn't support XMP (generic RAM not shure which manufacturer because i am on work right now), and yes it lowers Kingston sticks to 2133, and it's working like that without any problems. Could that have any relation with CPU or just RAM itself is incompatible on 2666MHz, even though on Intel site it says that supports DDR4-2666MHz?
    2. Most important thing that 10600KF will work with motherboard i have Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO with TDP of up to 210w.
  • askee

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

looks like i have found what's problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/wbis3e/2666mhz_not_working_pentium_gold_g6405/

and that's related with temporary cpu and memory speed. Mine set of Kingston RAM works only on 2666MHz, by default and on XMP. That's written in manual on Kingston site... Looks like that i leaded my self on actual problem and solution :D

Thanks again.

• askee

Tinkerer

Hi again :)

quick question, does anyone know what are these A1 and A2 like jumpers near PCI-ex1 slot, on P05-615s or z49h5-am motherboard?

• billsey

Those are GPIO headers on the Predator PO5-615s (BTW, PO5 as in Predator Orion, not P05 as in Predator Zero :))

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • askee

Tinkerer

Oh didn't realize that nice :)

Does these GPIO headers have any purpose for regular user or? Couldn't find any manual/service manual for this motherboard other than some russian site selling manual/board schematic...

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@askee

Kindly go through the details captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Please note down the explanation for the A general-purpose input/output (GPIO) present on your motherboard.

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

https://www.ics.com/blog/introduction-gpio-programming

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• askee

Tinkerer

@William_mk2 thank you very much for this one! :)

• billsey

Yeah, not much use unless you are going to do some really low level programming...