Second drive on Aspire 7 - N19C5 ?

yannist
yannist Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi everyone! I recently bought the new Acer Aspire 7 - N19C5 which in the website claims that can get a second drive.

Unfortunately, upon opening its back cover, I saw that there is only one place to hold the nvme drive which came with it. Is it possible that there is no space for 2nd drive on this model? That's kinda embarassing...

Website here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/aspire7

Similar disassembly here: https://youtu.be/pCt5-325e_I

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,115 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This model comes with only one m2 2280 slot, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Hi,

What's the manufacturing date at the base cover(shown in the black label), I think this model came out in 2021 has only one M.2 SSD slot, the other link showing dual SSD may be for the newer model Aspire 7 due to be released.

• yannist

Tinkerer

Hi brummyfan2 and thank you very much for replying.

Date is 2022/01/10. It has a 5500u and RTX 3050 and I guess it's the latest model since last gen aspires were equipped with 1650.

• qasimaligondal
    qasimaligondal Member Posts: 1 New User

I thin we all should give a try to this blog Click to Go

• yannist

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 Thank you again :)

I'm not able to contact them. Most links in the site are broken and they don't answer the phone. Could you please take a look at these images? It's my laptop without the back cover. Thanks a lot again :)

https://postimg.cc/gallery/RWXhy89

• No problem, I got a slightly different picture for A715-75G from the service guide, could you please check the model name at the back, I don't work for Acer, so regarding contacting Acer support centre, I am unable to do anything, please keep trying.

• The site is referring to the model a715-76, see:

The A715-75 model, comes only one M2 2280 slot:

Can you send a picture of the bios info tab? I want to see the exact model of your laptop!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • yannist

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 @egydiocoelho Thank you both very much for taking the time to look upon my issue. Unfortunately, when I bought the laptop from the shop, they didn't have the specific model name to double check it so I just ordered an Aspire 7 without knowing anything else.

Sticker says: acer Aspire 7

MODEL NO.:N19C5

A715-42G-R4NZ

MFG Date: 2022/01/10

S/N: NHQE5ET0092020315F3400

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,115 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This model comes with only one m2 2280 slot, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• yannist

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho That's unfortunate.. But thanks a lot for the reply.