AO532h NAV50 bad touchpad ... replacement?

Options

I have a AO532h NAV50 with a misbehaving touchpad / trackpad... in both windows and linux the mouse works... but poorly. The cursor will skip around a lot and act as if the button is being clicked (tap to click). Some areas of the pad seem to work great, others it gets 'stuck' or 'slow'... Considering 2 different OSes, I'm assuming a hardware issue... would this just be the logic board, or would I need a whole new mechanism? I've already tried removing and reconnecting the connectors.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Try disconnecting the touchpad board from the motherboard and use the mouse. Does it still act the same? If so isn't likely not the touchpad that's causing the issue but something in the OS mouse handling. If it does help then look at the TP board itself. There are the two switches on it that handle right and left clicks. One might be faulty, or you might find contaminants while disassembling.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • stragglecraft
    stragglecraft Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

The buttons work fine, its only the touchpad movement (and the tap to click) that seems to be misbehaving.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022
    Options

Let's take a look at the cable then that runs between the touchpad and the motherboard. It is under the keyboard and I believe it's one of these two, likely A. Remove and reseat to make sure the connection hasn't got a little corrosion on it:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • stragglecraft
    stragglecraft Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I haven't had a chance to check this out yet... I did notice that the touchpad is only misbehaving while the AC adapter is connected... Next time I open up the unit I'll see if I can find any corrosion where you indicated, or if I can find anything in other places.