Acer Nitro VG271S and VG270 P through HP USB-C Dock G4 issues

Options
JayKayNo1
JayKayNo1 Member Posts: 3 New User

I can not connect my 2 x Acer monitors to my laptop using a HP USB-C Dock G4 connected using DP to DP cables (1.4)

The laptop is an ASUS G733 running a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti - 16 GB GDDR6 [NB] graphics card.

I have connected the HP USB-C Dock G4's USB-C cable (side of box) to the G733CX's Thunderbolt 4 port.

I have throttled the Windows 11 display refresh rate from 360 Hz to 60 Hz which allowed the OS to detect three monitors.

I can also run the mouse through the HP USB-C Dock so presume that it's compatible with the G733CX laptop.

Does anyone know why I can hook up the G733CX to HP USB-C Dock G4 using DP-to-DP 1.4 connectors to the Acer VG271S and VG270-P monitors and have these peripheral monitors display?

Answers

• JayKayNo1
    Options

Both monitors are registering in the Windows 11 OS Display Settings as per the attached photo.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options

Since the displays are being recognized the issue is most likely either Windows is not being told to put anything on the monitors (Windows-P then choose Extend to fix) or the dock can't handle the full display resolution for multiple displays (ask Windows to drop the resolution from the default to something like the 1920x1080 used on the laptop itself).

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JayKayNo1
    Options

Thanks for the reply billsey,

Neither setting has worked so far

• JayKayNo1
    Options

Also interestingly enough, I can print documents on my Epson printer with a physical USB 3.0 cable connected to the HP USB-C Dock G4 (which is connected to the Thunderbolt 4 port of the G733CX).

This leads me to believe that there is no "Security" issue with respect to the Thunderbolt 4 access port on the G733CX, does that sound about right?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, it's almost certainly something to do with the "Display not active" message. Try a few different power up sequences, bring the system up fully, then connect the dock; connect the dock with the system fully powered down, then power up; maybe connect the dock while in sleep mode, then wake up...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.