How to find a layout-picture with descriptions of mainboard G45T-AM2 V:1.0 ?

2»

Answers

• Kuen
    Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Thank you everyone trying to help me.

This is an update or report of what I have done on my Acer Aspire M5700 in the last three weeks. I was out of town for 2 weeks. Did not touch it. In the last week, I took the top plastic panel down, at actually broke it, and removed the metal back of the case, and traced all the wires to front panel, card reader, audio & mic ports, USB ports, & power switch button. All the wires are in accordance with the G45T AM2 V1.0 motherboard. Could not see anything wrong on the wires. I then took everything apart I could & gave everything a good clean.  Reassembled it on the chassis, without any plastic panel. Replaced the hard drive with a different one & installed Windows 7. Turned the machine on and used for a whole day. But it did not start the next day. A few hours later, it started. Sometimes, the machine starts by just one tap on the start button, or it demands a few taps some other times, or the start button has to be pressed down for a few seconds then the machine starts. Most of the times, it simply won't start at all.

Note 1.

A. Discontinued the use of the GPU.

B. Discontinued the use of the 2nd fan on the rear wall.

C. Disconnected the floppy disk drive.

Note 2.

A. Every time the machine starts, it requires adjusting boot priority in BIOS.

B. Every time the machine starts, it requires adjusting date & time.

Can't think of any reason why the machine won't start normally.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

What is voltage output of CMOS BIOS button cell? Must be 3.1 volts DC or higher.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer

The BIOS setting changing is as Jack suggests a dead CMOS battery and an easy fix, just replace it. The power button itself is likely corroded internally, causing the intermittent function. You can replace it with any momentary contact button...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuen

Thanks.

Don't have a meter & have no idea about the output volt. The CR2032 is relatively new, only 2 years. It might be a defective one. I'll change it anyway.

• Kuen

Thanks.

The battery is a new one. Put in there 2 years ago. I'll change it anyway & see what happens.

Might have to replace all three pairs of wires from the front LED connector, Power SW wires and HDD signal and front light wires are in one solid block.

• Kuen

Thank you all, Gentlemen.

In the last 4 days, I short-started the machine for dozens of times. Then I replaced the start button. The PC starts now every time the start button is pressed.

Thank you every one.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer

Good to know, and not too surprising. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

Congratulations. Thenks for the report.

Jack E/NJ