GPU fan has completely stopped spinning

Options
SteeperTitan
SteeperTitan Member Posts: 1 New User

Last night while playing Imperator: Rome, my GPU kinda made this loud noise as if it was hitting against something until completely dying out and staying at 0 RPM when checking predatorsense. By no means am I tech savvy, so I’m worried on what to do about the issue now, as I use my laptop only for gaming which I can’t do if I don’t have a GPU, thank you!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022
    Options

If it's still under warranty, then click this link. Choose your country. Click the support button near top of country page. Enter your serial number id (SNID) and arrange for warranty repair service. http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

If not under warranty, then the bottom cover will have to be removed to see if anything dropped in the GPU fan compartment and is preventing the fan blades from spinning. If you want to watch videos on how to do this google search your full predator series number, for example PH315-44 & disassembly.

If you feel uncomfortable doing this yourself, then take the machine to a local laptop repair shop for an evaluation and repair cost estimate.

Jack E/NJ