ENDURO TABLETT T-EUT110A-11A-K2L3 which keeps disconnecting from the internet.

cTHY651
cTHY651 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Tablets

I have an Enduro Tablet, which keeps disconnecting from the internet. I should have known this tablet was defective right from the start. When I first received it, could not power it up. Returned it, and wanted by money back, but Acer said no, I would have to pay for shipping. Shortly after I received the tablet back, once again started having problems. I total I returned it 3 times, asking for a replacement, because obviously the tablet I received was defective. Now the 1 year warranty has run out, and it keeps showing that it will not connect to the internet.

Has anyone else experienced this, and what did you do to correct it, besides throwing the tablet out.

Thank you

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

>>>Has anyone else experienced this, and what did you do to correct it,>>>

Yes. It sometimes happens in sleep mode or temporary interruption of link between router and PC. The router sometimes re-assigns internet access to other machines that might be on the same network. Either re-booting the router or rebooting the PC usually fixes the issue. So avoiding sleep mode or long periods of inactivity should help.

Jack E/NJ

• cTHY651

Tinkerer

Thank you for replying, however, I never have my tablet in sleep mode, rebooting the tablet does not work. I have also an A10 Acer tablet, and have never experienced this problem. This issue has been since day 1 of purchasing the tablet. It becomes very irritating to have to continuously reboot the router, so that I can use the tablet.

• JackE

>>>I never have my tablet in sleep mode,>>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan' Click 'edit power plan' in left pane. Please post screenshot of result. Then search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Please also post screenshot of this result.

Jack E/NJ

• cTHY651

Tinkerer

Hello

Thanks for trying to help, however, I do not have windows on my tablet - I believe they removed it, when I sent it in for repairs.

• JackE
    1. What is full Enduro tablet model number. For example ET-110A-11A?
    2. When did you purchase this tablet?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

I think the Enduro tablets have all been Android systems, but the full model number will tell us for sure. There have been several different models over the years...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cTHY651

Tinkerer

I bought the Enduro Tablet directly from Acer

It is an Enduro Urban T-EUT110A-11A-K2L3 bought in June 2021

• JackE

>>> keeps disconnecting from the internet.>>>Now the 1 year warranty has run out, and it keeps showing that it will not connect to the internet.>>>

When you lose internet connection, do you also lose the signal or its signal strength between the tablet and the router?

Jack E/NJ

• cTHY651

Tinkerer

Yes exactly

• JackE

>>>I have an Enduro Tablet, which keeps disconnecting from the internet.>>>

1. Has this particular issue (not other issues) always been the case with this tablet?
    2. On average, about how long does it take to lose the intenet connection? A few minutes? An hour? A few hours? Varies wildly?
    3. What other devices are using the same router?

Jack E/NJ

• cTHY651

Tinkerer

It has done this from the start - hence having to return it for repairs 2 times, before warranty ran out.

There is no set time - it could be when I first turn it on, or while I am on it - there is no rhyme or reason.

I also have a Samsung tablet, another 2Acer tablet A10 which are really old, but still work. Never had a problem with either of these.

• JackE

Would it be possible to temporarily keep those other devices turned off while the Enduro is being used to see if it stays connected?

Jack E/NJ

• cTHY651

Tinkerer

When I used the faulty acer tablet - non of the other tablets are on.

• JackE

Jack E/NJ

• cTHY651

Tinkerer

Thank you for trying, however, I have done all those things one time or another, during the year and a half, I have had this tablet, I have come to the conclusion that this tablet is just a lemon, for the 1st day I received it. Acer would just not acknowledge that, I have requested a replacement 3 or 4 times while still under warranty, but really have never addressed the issue. Henceforth Acer is now on my bad list, and will never purchase Acer again, or recommend them.

• JackE

Try #4 again anyway one last time for good measure. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• cTHY651

Tinkerer

Will do, and thank you for all your help. Really appreciate it.

Have a great day

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited September 2022

@cTHY651

Try to use the tablet with a different wifi or hotspot in a different place and check. Try to go to your relatives house or friend's house, connect to a different wifi and check it. We need to isolate the issue. We have to check whether it is communicating with the other router properly.

The last option is to take the tablet to factory reset condition. You might have to reinstall the operating system , connect to the wifi and check it.

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue. Even after reinstalling the operating system if you face the same issue then it might be a hardware issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• cTHY651

Tinkerer

Thank you for your suggestions - all these things you mentioned have been done - This tablet has been returned to Acer 3 times - concerning this issue.

Obviously, they can't fix it - and refused to send me a replacement - it was defective from the moment I received it. Acer just doesn't care. The tablet was bought on their site, but have received no help from them whatsoever. I am done with Acer

• JackE

>>>all these things you mentioned have been done >>>

Even a StarBucks hotspot disconnects from the internet?

Jack E/NJ