Monitor is no longer working with higher refresh rates acer kg272 s

TacticalCurry
TacticalCurry Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2022 in Monitors

Hi there,

I have the acer kg272 s which supports 165hz refresh rate which was fine but over time i started to have problems with the monitor. Slowly the screen stared to tear on 165hz and glitch out until it was unusable until i switched to 144hz but the problem eventually happened on 144hz as well. Now i am using 120hz with no problems and i have tried many fixes which include complete reinsatlling my gpu drivers and manually installing monitor drivers as well as trying diffrent cables and no luck and nothing has fixed the issue. Now whenever i go to higher refresh ratesn about 3 quarters of the screen is cut off and completely black making it unsusable on higher refresh rates. Any help or advice with my issue would be much appricated .

( edited the title to add the model name )

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,433 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Follow OSD directions for gaming user mode below. Check overdrive, freesync and refresh rates options.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

The monitor is simply following whatever the GPU is now able to put out. Doesn't matter if you updated the GPU or monitor drivers. I suggest that you check the health of the GPU with some benchmarking freeware like MSI a fterb urner. GPU may simply be overheating.

Jack E/NJ

• TacticalCurry

Tinkerer

Thank you for the response and advice but i checked my gpu and it is running fine temps are low and after running a few benchmarks i had no problems with my gpu but i still have the refresh rate issue

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer

Have you tried a different cable? Depending on how you have it routed it might be cracking the wires inside, which would show as degraded performance until it fully fails.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

>>>Thank you for the response and advice but i checked my gpu and it is running fine temps are low and after running a few benchmarks i had no problems with my gpu but i still have the refresh rate issue>>>

Sorry. Benchmarking GPU freeware has little to do what the mainboard's video output port is feeding the external monitor. It might be a mainboard issue. Or it might be a cable issue as @billsey suggested.

Jack E/NJ

• TacticalCurry

Tinkerer

I have tried a few diffrently cables and they didn't make a diffrence but if it is a mainbord issue is there any solution to the problem?

• JackE

What mainboard do you have? Or what brand and model PC do you have?

Jack E/NJ

• TacticalCurry

Tinkerer

this is the exact pc i have with all the specs:

the only thing that i have changed is the power supply to a more reliable higher watt one.

• JackE

Monitor's mode probably was inadvertently changed to standard 144Hz. Check monitor's OSD. Try setting mode from standard to racing for 165Hz.

Jack E/NJ

• TacticalCurry

Tinkerer

I changed it to racing and the problem is still there

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Follow OSD directions for gaming user mode below. Check overdrive, freesync and refresh rates options.

Jack E/NJ

• TacticalCurry

Tinkerer

Yep that did it. After i fiddled with the settings for a bit if i turn of low latency mode then it works with 165 hz ty so much for all your help

• JackE

Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• kjena
    kjena Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hello

I have the same Monitor and Problem, it helps but it just feels like 60 hz please help