BIOS ( InsydeH20 v3.5 ) no secure boot, legacy mode, UEFI selection in eMachines d729z

Options
Sgfinn
Sgfinn Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

My laptop is eMachines d729z core i5 M520 with 8Gb RAM and 240Gb SSD

I used windows 10 pro. I converted my drive from MBR to GPT by using AOMEI. Then it could not boot the windows because there was no boot option to select UEFI Boot mode. Please help me.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Sgfinn

Tinkerer

Options

@egydiocoelho please help me with this problem. Thank you very much

• Sgfinn

Tinkerer

Options

It's the latest windows 10 pro version 21H2. I had installed Windows ADK to boot with WindowsPE after converted.

• Sgfinn

Tinkerer

edited September 2022
    Options

Now it's asking me for the boot disk and i'm not sure what to do.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information.]

• Sgfinn

Tinkerer

Options

Someone please tell me what to do if you know. I think i should update the firmware but i don't know how to do it now.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

I believe your machine is old enough that it doesn't support UEFI boot. You have to leave the drive in MBR format and install Windows 10 in Legacy boot mode.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sgfinn

Tinkerer

Options

I had checked before converted it. The app said that it supports UEFI

• billsey
    Options

And yet in the BIOS screens you display there doesn't seem to be a method for changing the boot type. Many 2nd gen systems were designed early enough that they came with Windows 7, pre-sp1, which was before UEFI release...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

I agree with billsey. I suggest you to convert the ssd back to mbr, with these commands:

diskpart

list disk

sel disk x

clean

convert mbr

create partition primary

format fs=ntfs quick

assign

active

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • keng2
    keng2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2
    Options

please help

• keng2
    keng2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same problem with my acer laptop, but when I try Commodore's commands I got this message saying "Diskpart has encountered an error: the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

I badly need help to this. thanks in advance.

• billsey
    Options

If diskpart gives those errors, then likely the disk has failed. That's one of the reason to use diskpart, as a test to verify the disk can be read. If you are in warranty, contact Acer support and get a ticket started. If out of warranty start a new thread for your issue using the Ask a Question button. Include your full model number. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. Also tell us what steps you have taken so far.