Blue screens on brand new Acer ConceptD 5 CN516-72P laptop - please help

Options
Arjen30
Arjen30 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello!

Two weeks ago I purchased a new Acer ConceptD CN516-72P laptop. The serialnumber is NXC6AEH003XXXXX and the SNID is XXXX.

The laptop has Windows 11 installed on it.

Since a couple of days I am experiencing more and more errors (blue screens and Nvidia errors) when I'm working in Adobe software (Photoshop or Lightroom), or the Nik plugin software via Photoshop or Lightroom. I have already followed the Microsoft troubleshooting steps and have deleted Norton yesterday, but the errors persist.

The most recent errors were:

• -a blue screen with stopcode VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
  • -an error message saying the following
  • NVIDIA OpenGL Driver / Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close. / Error code: 3 (subcode 7) / Would you like to visit http:/www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for help? / Yes No

I hope someone can help me with this issue and I really hope it's not a big problem with this new and quite expensive laptop that I'm quite happy with.

Thank you!

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

Download, unzip and try to install this A3000 driver in the link below. Then open Control Pane. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. Make sure System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up.

If this driver seems to work OK, open Device Manager. Expand Display folder. Right click and take note of driver properties. If it happens again, it's likely due to an errant Win11 update. Device Manager properties should reveal if the driver has been changed again by an update.

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_NVIDIA_27.21.14.6294_W11x64_A.zip?acerid=637738519616552483&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=CONCEPTD&Step3=CONCEPTD%20CN516-72P&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Jack E/NJ

• Arjen30
    Options

Thank you, I will try this!

• Arjen30
    Options

Hello @JackE,

Thank you.

I followed the steps and have installed the driver and saved the properties from Device Manager in a text file on my pc.

Can you just clarify what you mean with the second step "Then open Control Pane. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. Make sure System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up."

I'm not quite sure what you mean with 'make sure system protection is turned on in the box that pops up', maybe I am missing something.

• JackE
    Options

Press WIN+R keys. Enter 'control'. In the upper right hand corner, search 'restore point''. In left pane click on 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the System Properties box that pops up there should be a protections settings rectangle with available drives with protection column labelled off or on. Make sure it's on.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/ronaldmorgan

You've posted to an Acer users forum. We are neither Acer employees nor customer service representatives. Other than the suggestions made earlier, you should click the Contact Support link on your country's Acer home page, enter your machine's serial number id (SNID) and use the contact methods provided to arrange for Acer to address your issue.

Jack E/NJ