PLEASE help with Predator Sense! Orion (P03-640)3000

Options
sllim
sllim Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2022 in Predator Desktops

Out of the box, PS seemed to work then it wouldn't launch so I uninstalled it and downloaded the latest version for my P03-640 (Orion 3000). But somehow it wouldn't install. The error message being my computer is not supported. I googled for info and it seemed like I could rename a folder to my PC's name but this "plug" folder is not available to my version of PS. I then contacted acer tech support and they asked me to wipe everything from my PC as a first step!

Is there anything else I can do? Is it safe to game without PS?

*My case fan light is also blinking, does it matter? I also tried using FanControl but it only detects the GPU fan.

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Fire up System Information and look at what your PC is named. It should be Predator PO3-640 IIRC, not just PO3-640. If it's wrong there is a Registry entry that can be edited to give you the right name.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sllim

Tinkerer

Options

Can you walk me through how to go about that? Sorry I'm quite clueless about this

• billsey
    Options

Easy enough... :) Press the Windows key to open the start menu then start typing System Information. Several characters in it should be offering you the app, you can just hit return to complete it. In the right side area of System Summery you should see an entry for System Model. Let us now what that is. If it's not right we can get into the registry settings, but no need if it is correct.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sllim

Tinkerer

Options

I managed to install PS but it won't launch. What should I do?

• billsey
    Options

So you never said what your System Model was. How did you get PS installed?