predator orion 5000 P05 640,mouse freezing/stuttering every few seconds

Options
808Salerno
808Salerno Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited October 2022 in Gaming Accessories

was using my old mouse for a while after I got my Predator Orion 5000 P05 640, but when i decided to plug in the one that came with it the pointer will randomly freeze and stutter on my screen sometimes for 10-15 seconds. this is beyond the most frustrating thing. tried a bunch of trouble shooting options including reinstalling the driver in device settings and disabling certain things in pointer options, even disabling some startup programs that are said to interfere. no luck yet. thankyou for any response.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

Open Device Manager with the new mouse plugged in. Do you see any red or yellow warnings. If none, click the View tab and checkmark show hidden devices. Then post a screenshot if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• 808Salerno

Tinkerer

Options

oh yea a bunch popped up! I feel like were on to something!

• JackE
    Options

Leave Device Manager screen on. What happens to this Device Manager folder immediatel after unplugging the new mouse?

Jack E/NJ

• 808Salerno

Tinkerer

Options

not gonna lie I jumped the gun and uninstalled all the ones that were light gray and labeled "device not plugged in". my bad, but I kept the two dark gray ones. {the ones I knew were my new mouse} and when I unplug it... one goes away and one stays

• JackE
    Options

OK. Let's try this. Using OLD mouse, open Device Manager. Don't manually expand any folders. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If yes, just post a screenshot as is. Don't expand anything that isn't already automatically expanded.

Then, hot switch to NEW mouse, Do you see any new red or yellow warnings pop up? If yes, just post a screenshot as is. Don't expand anything that isn't already automatically expanded.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does the predator mouse also have problems connecting it to another computer?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Do your settings in PredatorSense, then shut it down before game play. PS does cause stuttering when it's active.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

The stuttering issue when PredatorSense is running is a known issue. Just shut down PS before starting the game, there's not reason to keep it running once you have the settings to your liking.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 808Salerno

Tinkerer

Options

Yea im just using my steel series now, couldn't find a fix. This would happen with ps closed also.