ACER PREDATOR PH315-51 AUDIO ISSUE || CRACKING SOUND COMES UP WHENEVER PLAYING VIDEO

Options
UltimateGP
UltimateGP Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2022 in Windows 11

Tried the below suggested steps from different threads, none of them helped

1.) Try windows x 

Go to device manager - Go to sound video and game controllers. Expand it 

Uninstall the sound driver from device manager. Please uninstall all the items below the sound video and game controllers. 

Don’t restart the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model - chose the drop down below operating system - chose windows 10 

go to drivers 

Install the sound driver

Output:- it remained the same

2.)Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel. Ran the playing Audio troubleshooter

3) Right-click on the Start button in the taskbar area and then click Device Manager to open the same. In the Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers. You should now see your audio driver name. Most likely you have Realtek High Definition Audio.

Right-click on it and then click Uninstall device option. You will now get the following confirmation dialog. Select Delete the driver software for this device checkbox and then Yes button when you see the confirmation dialog to go ahead and uninstall the device driver.

Restart your computer once and windows hould automatically restore the driver.

4.)Open Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) your audio driver > Update driver software... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

Output:- This 4th option certainly reduced the cracking sound a bit, and made the cracking sound intermittently rather than through out, but the usual audio also became minimal, even though I have set it to highest volume, like literally I had to bring my ear to the very close to my right of the touchpad (thats where, the sound is located in my system? may be) to hear anything.

Please help

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options

Right click speaker icon in tray. Click open sound settings. Click sound control panel in right pane. Right click green checkmarked speaker icon. Click properties. Click advance tab. Uncheck audio signal enhancements. & hardware acceleration. If that doesn't resolve issue, then reinstall the Acer OEM updated driver and repeat procedure.

Jack E/NJ

• UltimateGP

Tinkerer

edited August 2022
    Options

Hi

I could not find the two options, audio signal enhancements. & hardware acceleration, specified by you, may be the steps and the namings which you have shared is specific to windows 10 not windows 11, but I did the following in the settings:-

:-Turned off Dulby Audio

:-checked "Disable All sound Enhancements"

:-Turned off Enhanced Audio

But still the same issue.

DId not find anywhere hardware acceleration option, after bit of research seems like this option has been phased out of windows

refer Can't enable Audio Hardware Acceleration - Needed for Soundbar - Microsoft Community

Can you please tell me how to reinstall the Acer OEM updated driver, where to get this driver

• JackE
    Options

>>>may be the steps and the namings which you have shared is specific to windows 10 not windows 11>>>

Aye! Despite all the Windows hype and flashing messages urging you to upgrade, the PH315-51 isn't quite ready for Win11 till the ACER OEM Win11 updates have been released. About the best you can do right now is to keep checking the Acer downloads for Win11 audio driver updates. Meanwhile you can download and install iobit's Driver Booster freeware to see if it can pick up any better Win11 drivers on line that can address the issue. Also if the videos allow you to change their audio sampling rates, try changing them to 48kHz which, unlike Win10, is not adjustable in Win11.

Jack E/NJ

• UltimateGP

Tinkerer

edited August 2022
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

Any idea when Acer is planning to release  ACER OEM Win11 updates for PH315-51, or they are not planning at all?

Moreover, like I mentioned in my original post the 4th option does reduce the racking sound, but the audio sound remains really low,  like literally I had to bring my ear to the very close to my right of the touchpad (thats where, the sound is located in my system? may be) to hear anything, but when I connect to bluetooth/headphone, I am able to listen amazingly. So, can I safely assume that hardware is fine?

And,  iobit's Driver Booster freeware  can be trusted?4

Regarding<< Also if the videos allow you to change their audio sampling rates, try changing them to 48kHz which, unlike Win10, is not adjustable in Win11.>>, even youtube videos are resulting in cracking sound

• JackE
    Options

>>>And, iobit's Driver Booster freeware can be trusted?>>>

Driver Booster is one of the safest downloads you can make. However, if you still don't trust it, just ignore my advice. You can also try the Microsoft update service to try find new audio drivers on line in Device Manager which almost never works but maybe you feel Microsoft is more trustworthy. It's your machine and your choice.

As to Win11 OE M updates, we're just Acer users on these forums. Not Acer employees or tech service contractors. So we can't say if or when the Win11 OEM updates will appear. Like the rest of us, you just have to keep checking the Acer downloads for Win11 updates for your model.

If the youtube videos don't allow changing sampling rates to 48kHz in the youtube videos, then unlike Win10 and earlier Windows versions, Win11 can't be changed. Your hardware seems fine. Win11 just doesn't seem to play completely well with it. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• UltimateGP

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you.

• Pop_Rockz
    Pop_Rockz Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Download DDU and Audio Driver from Acer website for your specific laptop. Disable internet connection, unplug Ethernet or turn-off WiFi (incase Windows auto updates your audio driver). Boot into safe mode. Run DDU and uninstall the old audio driver. Reboot. Now in Windows, install the Audio Driver you downloaded from Acer website. Reboot and test your laptop's speakers. It should work.

If it still doesn't work, then most probably your speakers have gone bad and you need to replace it. I have Helios 300 PH315-51 and my left side speaker is busted and doesn't work anymore. It worked great for 3 years then suddenly the left side speaker failed. Now only the right side speaker works.