Acer Aspire 1 A115-31-C2Y3 Keyboard keeps typing slashes

ayna
ayna Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi! My laptop types a lot of slashes so I reboot it. But after that when I'm setting up my windows account, the on-screen keyboard and usb keyboard types letters but the slashes are still there. I can't open it to re-intall the drivers as what they've said in the tutorials. Can you help me please? Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The keyboard connector to the mainboard needs to be re-seated a few times to help clean the contact. Remove 10 screws and pry off bottom cover. Disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Then pull the keyboard connector out from the mainboard. Then push it back in. Do this a few times to help clean the contacts inside the connector. Then re-assemble and test keyboard function.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The keyboard connector to the mainboard needs to be re-seated a few times to help clean the contact. Remove 10 screws and pry off bottom cover. Disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Then pull the keyboard connector out from the mainboard. Then push it back in. Do this a few times to help clean the contacts inside the connector. Then re-assemble and test keyboard function.

Jack E/NJ