How do I identify a correct CMOS battery for a Veriton 281G?

Mattz
Mattz Member Posts: 3 New User

I was given this as part of a bundle of stuff, and the 3 pin wired battery was missing, I've seen the odd 3 pin on ebay, but none actually specify Veriton

I have already tested it and it does work. Also, does it need special screws to mount the hard disk, they may need to be long to reach through the buffers.

PS. I also got a L670G, but finding a 7.1A rated power brick to test it is difficult

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,557 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

If your clock doesn't keep time when the unit is unplugged then you need a battery.

Most Acers uses a CR-2032 ?

• Mattz
    edited August 2022

This one needs it on a 3 pin plug, I've seen one for "Acer Revo 3600 3610 L320 L3600 R3610 LR70 Laptop BIOS CMOS 3 Pin Battery CR2032"

Which looks similar to the one I've seen in youtube videos, I assume they wouldn't use more than one style of 3 pin battery?

https://youtu.be/MiyDOMfxoy8?t=272

The cable colours are also the same, so I guess that would be the one

• Larryodie

Looks like a cordless phone battery

Have you tried the one that Ebay list ?

• Mattz

Not yet, but looking back on that video, it does appear to be a match, beats me why they used 3 wires though.

I'll have to risk it if I can't find one that actually says Veriton models, ah, just found a Revo model video and it's pretty much the same board, and can even see that same battery model number, so I think I can be sure it will be right

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,276 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022

The Veriton 281G desktop that you have takes an RTC BIOS battery of a type “CR20-32CL-3 3V” 3 pin wired battery 

• Larryodie

3rd wire may be used for charging or sensing ?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,078 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022

The black and red wires are the negative and positive wires, which are used to supply the 3.3v voltage. The white wire is probably ground. To be sure, you can use a multimeter in the DC voltage range of 5 or 10v and test:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,249 Trailblazer

Spec says that white wire in the middle is a no connect on the motherboard, but it looks like it's tied to ground on the battery side.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.