Why is these a purple light indicating on my Acer v5 472P laptop?

Options
KartikB
KartikB Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hello everyone!

I have an Acer V5 472P laptop (non-removable battery) and there are two indicators above the keyboard, one is for charging and another one is for laptop status I guess....The battery indicator is fine but the other indicator has turned purple and it used to be blue, when I shut down it turns orange and does not go away (sometimes blink ) even if battery is at full. The problem I am facing is that the laptop is not turning off completely and the light is not going away. I would like to know if someone else is having a similar problem and what is the reason and solution for this.

Thanks!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,697 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>>The problem I am facing is that the laptop is not turning off completely and the light is not going away.>>>

As mentioned earlier, the battery is removable but screws and bottom cover must be removed, However, your battery seems to be OK.

What do you mean by laptop is not turning off? Are you click on the shutdown button after clicking on the power option in the Windows start menu?

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,453 Trailblazer
    Options

Reset Power & Sleep settings in windows as you must have the settings 'when lid is closed' to always on? This is the battery light indicator description for your V5-472P laptop.

• KartikB
    KartikB Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2022
    Options

Here are the pictures, I have reset all the power settings, and when I say that the laptop is not turning off completely is that it shows the orange light and keeps on blinking.

1. (picture)The purple light (used to be blue when everything was fine).
    2. (picture) This is the orange light that comes and keeps blinking)

• CSD1
    CSD1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Reset Windows' Power & Sleep settings so that "while lid is closed" is set to always on? This is a description of the laptop model V5-battery 472P's light indication.

Keep connected: <a href="https://carpentry-services-dubai.com/"> Carpentry Services Dubai</a>

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,697 Trailblazer
    Options

The blinking power orange light means it's in sleep mode, not the shut down mode. Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power button do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near top of next pane. Scroll down and UNcheck all the boxes for fast startup, sleep and hibernate.

Jack E/NJ

• RugsDubai092
    RugsDubai092 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

@CSD1 Good information that you provide in this discussion.

Why is these a purple light indicating on my Acer v5 472P laptop?

This purple light indicating acer is very costly. Anyone buy it easily. If you are using laptop your home and office. So, you will be need rugs to decorate your home and office. Best Rugs For Your Acer Laptop Space