Why am I getting a website in Spanish instead of English when I try to login?

Gemmor
Gemmor Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2022 in Switch Series

I have a AS21NVSR Laptop.

Aspire ES1-533

SNID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SN: NXGFTAA010xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

64 -bit

I was told it's a device problem and that I should check with my Administrator for assistance because the device may have a built-in VPN Software that's creating a block...

[Comentário editado para excluir número de série]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Which website? For example, on this Acer website here you have to click on the dropdown in the upper right hand corner to change from from one language to another.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Yes, it's going to have nothing to do with the laptop itself but rather either the page you are using or the Windows settings for language. "Check with your Administrator" only really affects people who have their laptop in a work environment, where global settings are defined by the IT people at your company. As Jack says for the Acer site itself, community.acer.com/es would give you Spanish, community.acer.com/en would give you English.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gemmor

I did select English on the page I was trying to use but the page still opens up in Spanish. You mentioned that it could be the Windows settings for language. How can I change that?

• JackE

Search Windows start menu "language setting". Click "language setting" button that appears near top of Windows start menu. In right pane, click Windows Display Language dropdown. If it's already set to english, then the problem is with the website. Please post the link to the website so we can examine it.

Jack E/NJ

• Gemmor

It's already set to English.

The website is ncl.com (Norwegian Cruise Line).

• Gemmor

The website opens up In English. If you scroll down to the bottom right, you will see that English is selected, However when you click on "Partner Login" under "Travel Partner", the page opens up in Spanish. I contacted the company and I was told that it's a device problem and should contact my Administrator to fix the problem.

• JackE

NCL website somehow detects your ISP location is in Spain, Mexico or SA when you go to sign in.

So search Windows start menu 'location'. Click 'location privacy settings' near top of start menu. Change, re-set or allow access to your default location.

Jack E/NJ