Predator G3-571 can't install Predator Sense

Options
Sokrat
Sokrat Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hello,

I own a Predator G3-571. Five years old but works as well as it did the first day. However, today I encountered an issue with Predator Sense. I tried opening the app but nothing happened. I tried a couple more times before killing it in the tasks. When I opened it again though, it was looking a bit... blank.

I found the picture on the internet but mine looked the same. I restarted the laptop hoping it will solve the problem but when it came back it was looking the same. I looked up "Predator Sense not working" and found the best course of action was to uninstall it and reinstall it again. I found the app, downloaded it, extracted it, but when I ran the setup.exe nothing happened. It asked me if I give it permission, yada yada yada, I approve it and after that nothing. I tried running again, it asks me for permission again, I approve, it tells me the setup is already processing.

I found it in tasks but let it be for a short while even though it was obviously not supposed to do nothing and unsurprisingly, nothing happens. I killed it in tasks and ran again, approved, and again nothing happens. I tried restarting again and redoing all the steps and still nothing. Any advise?

Thank you,

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Sokrat

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

I downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner and tried scanning the PC since Predator Sense isn't the only program I noticed was having issues. Viber would stop responding whenever I killed it in tasks and I would have to reinstall it. Acer Care Center also failed to open even though the task was running. Opera GX started freezing after a minute of it being open and last night Steam stopped responding too after I would try to log in. Microsoft Safety Scanner didn't help either initially as it would get stuck at about 20%.

So I boot to network and ran the scanner there. It ran it's course and found some 12 or 13 "infected files" which I later found out scanner marks as "potentially infected" and at the end of the scan checks if they really are. I don't know if they were actually infected or not since the scanner told me nothing at the end of the scan. All I know is once the scan was finished and I restarted the PC I was able to install Predator Sense, reinstall Opera GX and it's no longer freezing and log into Steam. So problem solved I guess.

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options

Did you uninstall just the app or the service too?

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Sokrat

Tinkerer

edited August 2022
    Options

I uninstalled the app through Settings/apps and features. Does that work?

• XdxD
    Options

Uninstall the service from Control Panel's Uninstall Programs.

• Sokrat

Tinkerer

Options

I had the same issue when looking for the name of the model I have. In the end I had to look up the amazon receipt from 2017 to find the model number.

• XdxD
    Options

Even when you reinstalled Predator Sense?

• Sokrat

Tinkerer

Options

Nothing happens when I try to install Predator Sense.

I found the app, downloaded it, extracted it, but when I ran the setup.exe nothing happened. It asked me if I give it permission, yada yada yada, I approve it and after that nothing. I tried running again, it asks me for permission again, I approve, it tells me the setup is already processing.

• XdxD
    Options

That's strange. Try with another user account?

• Sokrat

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

I downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner and tried scanning the PC since Predator Sense isn't the only program I noticed was having issues. Viber would stop responding whenever I killed it in tasks and I would have to reinstall it. Acer Care Center also failed to open even though the task was running. Opera GX started freezing after a minute of it being open and last night Steam stopped responding too after I would try to log in. Microsoft Safety Scanner didn't help either initially as it would get stuck at about 20%.

So I boot to network and ran the scanner there. It ran it's course and found some 12 or 13 "infected files" which I later found out scanner marks as "potentially infected" and at the end of the scan checks if they really are. I don't know if they were actually infected or not since the scanner told me nothing at the end of the scan. All I know is once the scan was finished and I restarted the PC I was able to install Predator Sense, reinstall Opera GX and it's no longer freezing and log into Steam. So problem solved I guess.

• XdxD
    Options

Glad you found a solution to your issues.