Predator Sense temperature control is missing the most basic function

Options
PredatorHelios2021
PredatorHelios2021 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Hello everyone,

I have done some searching but stopped when I couldn't figure out such a simple thing rather quickly, or at all.

Simply put: Predator Sense is my gaming laptop's only overheat protection except there is no overheat protection.

There's a setting called 'auto' fan control that doesn't auto control anything but rater stay spinning at the bare minimum rpms.

There is absolutely nothing AUTO about the fan control of Predator Sense.

How do I fix the auto control to actually increase the fan rpm with increases temps?

Thank you in advance

P.S. Only every 8th time I reboot will the GPU temps show and when it does show the AUTO function is still just a bare minimum rpm setting.

Answers

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

Edit: The screenshot picture is on set to full fan rpms after finding the temps to be at 100C, was previously set to AUTO right before I took the screenshot.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you send a screenshot of this setup?

What is the version bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PredatorHelios2021
    Options

@egydiocoelho

Bios version: Insyde Corp. V1.12, 6/7/2022

Crazy! How did bios update itself?? I setup windows in 10/2021

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

When I turn on MAX fan the laptop sounds like a jet on a runway that is about to take off.

When I turn on AUTO, the laptop will exceed 100*C

MAX fan will cool the laptop down

AUTO is a lie that wants to overheat a laptop

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

I expect AUTO to sound like a jet at random times in correlation to the system/cpu/gpu heating up but it appears that is not an included funtion of this program.

Do you understand what I am saying?

I expect AUTO fan setting to intermittently turn the fans on full blast like it would if I clicked the MAX button. Seems like a temperature controlled RPM setting is missing as AUTO doesn't spin fast enough to hear it, ever.

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

Does anyone have a predatorsense app that has a proper auto fan function in which automatically adjusts the fan rpm by increasing the rpms with increasing heat and lowers the rpms with decreasing heat?

My AUTO fan function does not adjust rpm speeds as far as I can tell and my AUTO fan function definitely has never put the fans on full blast like I do when I see the temperatures hit 100C.

This is really bizarre that what I am expecting PredatorSense's AUTO fan function DOES NOT EXIST.

So I must ask, what is the point of the AUTO button if it doesn't do anything auto as far as I can tell. My laptop is always very quiet and will reach 105C unless I click the MAX button.

This is trickery and shotty workmanship on whoever programmed PredatorSense and Acer for including it as the default temperature control program.

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

Believe it or not I couldn't tell the fans were spinning because it's quiet with my first pic located above: 3658rpms and 4285rpms.

How do I get AUTO to get my fans to this speed when the laptop reaches 100C?

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

Bueller...... Bueller...... Bueller

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

HEY ACER,

I NEED HELP getting my fans to prevent my laptop from overheating!!

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

HEY ACER COMMUNITY,

Nobody knows how to get the AUTO function to hit MAX fan speeds??

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

Hey guys, it's really stupid to be playing a pc game on my gaming laptop for the pc game to drop to 1fps and lock up for no reason.... and then I check and temps are 105C.

POOR DESIGN OF A PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT

What I want from this forum is how to get my AUTO function to go to max speeds automatically.

What is so difficult about that?

I want the AUTO function to reach MAX fan rpm AUTOmatically because the laptop temperature has gotten too high.

PLEASE for the love of my Almighty God, my Heavenly Father seated on high above Jesus Christ in Heaven, tell me how to tell PredatorSense how to have the AUTO fan reach MAX speeds.

AUTO: cpu 3658 gpu 4285 = 105C OVERHEATING AND BREAKING

MAX: cpu 5454 gpu 6000 = 90C SAFE

Please help!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

OK! Do the following:

a) try resetting the battery: disable fast startup in power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

b) if the problem continues, install the latest version of predator sense 3188: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L3Ln-WkCvogX1OUmr74i3h8jk4ICVF94

c) if the problem continues, try to update the bios to version 1.13: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.13_A_A.zip?acerid=637963125341562299&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR%20PH315-54&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3

Updating the bios is very risky.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PredatorHelios2021
    Options

@egydiocoelho

Thank you! You are the MVP (Most valuable player/Sports reference) of the Acer Community!! Please forgive me for being impatient and frustrated. <3

I will try these steps.

I appreciate you.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

The problem was solved?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PredatorHelios2021
    Options

before I unscrew the whole bottom of the laptop to unplug the battery,

Does anyone's PredatorSense's AUTO function max the fans out according to high temps or does it just go to 75% which isn't enough to cool the 85C+ temps?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PREDATORSENSE THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAXES OUT THE FANS TO 100% FAN SPEED?

Thank you <3