Aspire C22-1600 stand

Esker
Esker Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

So Hello all... I am here because I know someone here has the answer...

I just bought the above device. My question: how do you remove the stand? I wish to do some upgrades... can I remove the cover without removing the stand?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,832 Trailblazer

Gotta remove the stand first. Use a credit card to pry the screw cover off.

Then use the same credit card to pry off and work your way around the back cover. You'll probably break a few plastic catches in the process. But nothing that color-coded duct tape can't handle when you try to snap it back on, all the way around. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Esker

Tinkerer

Thanks but my stand is the new one... black with a copper top. I have not found its info anywhere...

• JackE

Is this the one? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Esker

Tinkerer

Hello Jack... yes it is the one... most pc stands have an obvious way to remove it... this one is not so simple.

• JackE

Yeah. And apparently too new for any accessible or published disassembly specs yet. Is it a ball & socket swivel mount stand?

Jack E/NJ

• Esker

Tinkerer

Hey Jack... yes it seems to be. Here it's newish but it cannot be so hard... I am going to play around with it tomorrow. Thanks for all... I will update you on my play time. R

• JackE

OK. I suspect the screen might slide off or unclip from PC case to expose mainboard and other components

Jack E/NJ

• Esker

Tinkerer

Playtime was successful and relatively quick. I started in a bit of a draconian mood but after coffee...

First, there are 7 small screws on the bottom to remove. This releases a trim plate plus the back. Plus there is 1 larger screw under the stand. I think you only need to remove 4 screws on the bottom but I pulled all... easier.

2. Carefully lift and release the bottom edge, it's a snug fit. Note: the 2 speakers are attached with sticky tape to slots in the back. My fat fingers easily pulled them free.

3. Use the stand as a lever to push up on the back. Six small plastic clips will release. (Jiggle a bit). The back cover with the stand attached will be free.

There are 3 screws holding the stand. I removed the stand...

Lastly, the hardware is open and clear. Easy peasy... should have gotten this sooner... but thanks Jersey!

• Esker

Tinkerer

...and there is a card reader on the top... remove the dust block.... sorry 😞

• These photos may help other users:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

>>>Playtime was successful and relatively quick. I started in a bit of a draconian mood but after coffee...>>>

Congratulations! Thanks for reporting back on this. It will become a sticky in my bookmarks lists. Good job. But please let us know if all still works or not when you get it all back together and reassembled. 😀

Jack E/NJ

• Esker

Tinkerer

Todo bem Brasil! Thanks for the extra pics!

Jack, silly boy, it all works! Have not done the upgrades yet but... no worries!