problems w/ serial # and login

CGG
CGG Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I own an Acer Aspire 7736z-4088 that I bought new and registered back in Feb of 2008, and I believe that I signed up as an Acer member then as well, but the system doesn't accept my laptop's serial number or its SNID, and the system says that my email address can't be found.

Can someone help me out with this?

Acer Aspire 7736z-4088

S# LXPJB02137xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SNID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered Feb 27 or 28 2008

to Roger Austin II

email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I haven't logged in here in years because I bought a new computer when my Aspire died, an and/or/nor gate or something in the power supply line on the main board burned up. I have since found someplace where I can get the main board replaced and have my Aspire back up and running, probably serving as a media server in my home network. I'd like to get the issue with the serial # and SNID cleared up so I can get access to support and such for it, and like to get my member account cleared up as well (using facebook registration now)

I've attached a screenshot of a couple of emails showing that I had registered my laptop and obviously registered as an Acer member since I was able to purchase the recovery media for my laptop.

[Edited comment to delete personal information]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022

Sorry, SNIDs and warranty support are only valid during the warranty period and in the country where purchased. Standard warranty is one year. Your 14 year old laptop is no longer eligible for authorized Acer warranty support . However, you are welcome to ask for Acer users support from these forum as we are not Acer employees or customer service representatives but Acer users volunteering to help other Acer users

Jack E/NJ

• CGG
    CGG Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

You completely missed the point, it's not about getting warranty protection, or warranty support, it's about having access to particular functions and materials that are only accessible when there is a recognized SNID/Serial # provided.

For example, I am currently locked out of accessing the data sheets on my computer that are otherwise accessible if the system recognized the SNID/Serial # that I input. The system not recognizing the SNID/Serial # prevents the system from retrieving/redirecting to the relevant information about and for the product being inquired about.

The alternative to the product's SNID/Serial # that could have garnered me a little less direct access to the specific data, but would have been good enough, would have been the system recognizing my email address I used when I registered my laptop, but the system doesn't even recognize that.

This isn't my first rodeo regarding product registration and product information access.

But thank you anyways for wanting to be helpful.

I hope you have a safe and pleasant day.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer

You have access to everything using just the model number. The SN or SNID is only used to provide the model number to the support database so they can offer you the right drivers and such. Just use Aspire 7736Z or 7736Z to access the correct info.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

OK. Here's the link to all the drivers and documentation to the 7736z for various Windows version.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/1295?b=1

Jack E/NJ

• videopirate
    videopirate Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2022

Thank you everyone, but still you are missing the point.

Those are all well and good for obtaining general information regarding the series, but it doesn't tell me which of the 3 possible optical drives my system was actually equipped with or the particular make and model # of that optical drive, nor does it tell me which of the 2 possible battery configurations my system was equipped with. What you have provided gives general information pertaining to the entire system series, not machine specific information such as the assembly and performance specs of my particular system.

But thank you very much for your efforts, it was appreciated.

(I'm CGG, this is just my signing in with temporary credentials)

• JackE

>>>I'm CGG, this is just my signing in with temporary credentials>>>

Thanks for clarifying that. Plenty of freeware tools --- including those in Windows itself --- to identify brand, models numbers etc of all your hardware if you don't want to open the machine for a visual check just to make sure. I'm sure you'll find them with a google search using some of the keywords used in this reply. Good luck.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer

They don't pin it down to that level, even when the SN or SNID is entered.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.