After update chrome os Mobile Data options disappeared Acer Chromebook 315 (production date 2021/12/

marcinb
marcinb Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2022 in Chromebooks

Hi,

I bought a new laptop Acer Chromebook 315 (production date 2021/12/29). I used the Huawei E3372 LTE USB stick for the first configuration. The operator's device and cellular network appeared and the network-connected equipment was working properly. After the system update and restarted, I have a problem with the mobile data option and connecting to the operator's network. LTE usb stick device is detected "HUAWEI_MOBILE connect to: Android" but there is no option to connect / configure LTE connection to the operator. System updated to version 104.0.5112.105 and LTE does not work on it. Earlier version that started with 95 works great. I did Powerwash with ctrl + shift + alt + search and managed to go back to version 95 .. and I was again happy with the LTE USB stick, but after the update came out I accidentally updated to the latest version and again there was no option to connect mobile data to the operator . Now, when I do powerwash, I restore the newer version that no longer works with LTE. Pleas help my how to enable the Mobile data option for the LTE USB Stick to connect to the operator. On settings in network options I have pnly a wifi and VPN connection available. Maybe it is possible to download an older version and install it from a botable USB flash drive?

Google solutions did not help refer to the laptop manufacturer. Pleas help my maybe there is a keyboard shortcut or a command to enable the mobile data operator configuration options.

Thx

[ Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022

Go to this link for earlier dedede chromeos images for the CB315 series that you can install from a USB stick. Follow directions at top of link. You probably had v94 or v96 since V95 was allegedly skipped Just search CB315 in the list and the dedede images for the 1H, 2H, 3H & 4H submodels are downloadable.

https://chrome100.dev/#recovery-images

Jack E/NJ