I bought a new Travelmate B118M What is wrong with my battery?

ValeCh
ValeCh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa

I bought a new Travelmate B118M a few days ago, I followed the steps, charged it for a while before I turned it on, programmed it, but with 100% battery it only gives me about 4-5 hours, how do I fix this? Is this something that I did wrong? I haven't used it because I wanted to know if I should return it since the battery is supposed to work for at least 10 hours without plugging it. I'm also confused about the light color, it turns green even when it's not fully charged, idk what to do

(edited the title to add model name )

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

Take care of the fact that a new battery reaches its full capacity after several cycles of charging and discharging. Therefore, first perform several cycles and then check how long the battery will last. Your machine is yet on warrrenty, then, if you are not satisfied with the battery and suspect a battery fault, contact your local acer service center.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

There are lots of different settings in Windows that affect battery life. Try Power Options to see which power plan you are using and look at the parameters of that plan. Especially look for WiFi/Bluetooth settings, screen brightness and CPU settings.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.