Device manager can't update some of the drivers for Aspire VX5-591G-7448. Please Help

Options
LeWise
LeWise Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello guys!

I want to know how can I update these drivers (shown in Photo). I have already check the product support for this laptop however, I have only fixed the Card Reader issue by installing the Driver but for the others, I can't. I have also installed Chipset Driver (Kabylake) but still didn't fixed anything from the photo.

Moreover, I have cleaned (physically) and installed fresh windows for this laptop and for some reason, after installing Valorant, I can no longer play it smoothly. The Client has now only has 6 fps and it stays right there. Are the culprits the ones on the Device manager?

On the other hand, I have noticed that there's a slot for a NVME m.2. Can upgrade the storage from HDD to NVME m.2 and is it possible to have more than 250Gb of storage? Could you please guide me on how can I fix the issue above and with regard on upgrading this laptop? Your response will be much appreciated.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes with every new install of an OS there are some obsolete drivers that are not installed, those drivers that you have in Device Manager are all Intel drivers e.g. chipset and related drivers etc etc so what I would do is Install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and update to your OS's latest drivers and see if that updates all your obsolete drivers, if not then go on the web and research those drivers as there is allot of info on these types of drivers that are on your laptops as they should all be on the Aspire VX5-591G Acer Drivers & Manuals.

With the Aspire VX5-591G M.2 drive, your laptop can accommodate a 1x PCIe Gen3 x4/ NVMe type drive and a 1x SATA III 6GB/sec 2.5" mechanical drive or an SSD drive, all these drives can have capacities of more than 256GB and the likes of a 512GB or a 1Tb or a 2TB or a 4TB etc etc as and if your OS formatting system is GUID (GPT) type, it can operate with capacity drives of more than 2TB unless your format is MBR that has a limit of 2TB, its the normal windows protocols as not many people know about this, so read up on it 😁

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes with every new install of an OS there are some obsolete drivers that are not installed, those drivers that you have in Device Manager are all Intel drivers e.g. chipset and related drivers etc etc so what I would do is Install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and update to your OS's latest drivers and see if that updates all your obsolete drivers, if not then go on the web and research those drivers as there is allot of info on these types of drivers that are on your laptops as they should all be on the Aspire VX5-591G Acer Drivers & Manuals.

With the Aspire VX5-591G M.2 drive, your laptop can accommodate a 1x PCIe Gen3 x4/ NVMe type drive and a 1x SATA III 6GB/sec 2.5" mechanical drive or an SSD drive, all these drives can have capacities of more than 256GB and the likes of a 512GB or a 1Tb or a 2TB or a 4TB etc etc as and if your OS formatting system is GUID (GPT) type, it can operate with capacity drives of more than 2TB unless your format is MBR that has a limit of 2TB, its the normal windows protocols as not many people know about this, so read up on it 😁

• LeWise
    LeWise Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi StevenGen!

Thank you so much for explaining about the drivers and the upgradability of my laptop.

I have followed your second suggestion which is "go on the web and research those drivers as there is a lot of info on these types of drivers that are on your laptops as they should all be on the Aspire VX5-591G Acer Drivers & Manuals." One by one I searched the web for those drivers and noticed that they are also listed on the product support page. I have only installed the Turbo Boost Driver and reinstalled the Chipset Driver (Kabylake). All was solved by installing those two.

As for the storage, I will take note of the information that you have provided. For the meantime, I will still use the HDD of this laptop and save some money to afford a NVMe (future primary drive) and SSD (future secondary drive). Also, I will check and read more about the windows protocols as you have mentioned. Once again, thank you so much 😊

• StevenGen
    Options

Glad to be of help to you out, happy computing as your computer is still a good platform with Win-10 to upgrade and use.