Adaptor for ACER GN246HL monitor

Options
Khaleeb
Khaleeb Member Posts: 4 New User
I can't figure out where to buy a new adaptor for my monitor. Can anyone help me?
I believe the part number is either 25.LP20Q.001 or 50.LP20Q.001

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Khaleeb said:
    I can't figure out where to buy a new adaptor for my monitor. Can anyone help me?
    I believe the part number is either 25.LP20Q.001 or 50.LP20Q.001
    This is the only adaptor listed for your monitor from Acer's SG below and you can buy these on eBay at Acer Monitor GF276A GN246HLB AC Power Adapter Charger Supply 40W 19V 2.1A so search for it like this within eBay in your area: Acer GN246HL power adaptor 25.lp20q.001 and you should get the adaptor.

• Khaleeb
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I'm a little concerned about just getting some "universal" adaptor online, which is what the ebay purchase would be. Should that work just fine? I don't want to cause an electrical issue with my monitor...

Is there not an official parts provider for Acer?

The ones listed on ebay have some different specs. They are 19V, but my adaptor had 2.1A while these have 3.42A.
  • Khaleeb
    Options
    Disregard my concern about the different current rating. I did some quick search and it appears that having a higher ampere rating is fine. Voltage and polarity of the adaptor are critical, but as long as those match, the device will set the current rating itself. The adaptor just needs to have the capacity.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Exactly... Though the connector size is also a consideration. IIRC those ar 5.5mm barrel connectors, but some have a 2.1mm hole and some a 2.35mm. If you pick the wrong size it may work, but act flaky when it's wiggled.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.