Blue screen when rebooting Acer A515-45G-R61R

Denis82
Denis82 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have two new Acer A515-45G-R61R, I installed windows 10 (I also tried to install win11), on both laptops the latest Bios version, I installed the latest versions of drivers from the Acer support page - both laptops give a blue screen when "rebooting" if you turn off and turn on, there are no problems with loading Windows. If you click to reboot in windows when booting, a blue screen and a problem with booting windows in a circle until you turn off the laptop. If you turn off the laptop with a blue screen by long pressing the power button, then the laptop turns on and loads windows as if nothing had happened. I still haven't found the reason. The problem is clearly not in windows, but in the laptops themselves, what could be the problem and how to fix it?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the next pane. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on. Try re-starting/re-booting again.

Jack E/NJ

• Denis82

Tinkerer

thanks for the advice, but unfortunately this method did not help. The laptop still falls into the blue screen when rebooting, I decided to return the laptops to the seller.

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677

Hi @Denis82

You can try to do a BIOS reset to check if that makes any difference.

How do I reset my BIOS/UEFI to default settings?

1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until your system shuts completely down.
    2. Power on the system. ...
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• JackE

>>>I decided to return the laptops to the seller.>>>

Sounds good to me. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Try disabling services and programs via msconfig:

a) press windows+r, type msconfig, go to services, hide all microsoft services and disable all.

b) then restart windows and check if the problem occurs.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Denis82

Tinkerer

the problem was in the bios itself, on these laptops there was the latest version of the bios 1.10. I also have such laptops with BIOS version 1.08 - there is no such problem, they reboot normally, it was not possible to downgrade to the previous BIOS version, I had to return the laptops to the seller. Conclusion - I do not recommend updating the BIOS to version 1.10.

• JackE

Thanks for report. Rule of thumb. BIOS updates are not recommended for functional machines due to the risk of adverse side effects or worse. Updates are primarily meant for machines with serious issues that the update description seems to address.

Jack E/NJ

• Denis82

Tinkerer

laptops were bought already with the latest bios version 1.10 ..

• JackE

A downgrading method is possible if you want to try v1.08. But the risks are greater than upgrading.

Jack E/NJ

• Denis82

Tinkerer

I did not find a way to downgrade the BIOS version on Acer

• JackE

Yes, that is correct. Because the risks are greater than upgrading. Would you like to take the risk and try to downgrade anyway?

Jack E/NJ

• Does the same issue occur when disabling fast startup in power options?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)