Acer 301 Docking Station PH315-35-781R

Options
rhonn
rhonn Member Posts: 9 New User
edited August 2022 in Gaming Accessories
I have a U301 docking station I use with my Predator Helios300 laptop.  I continually get disconnects/hangups with my USB-A wireless keyboard and mouse.  I'm leaning toward a new cable from the docking station to the laptop, or maybe just replacing the keyboard/mouse.  Have any of you experienced this, and what did you do to resolve?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example PH315-52-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rhonn
    Options
    The laptop is a PH315-53
  • rhonn
    Options
    I looked further;  It's a PH315-35-781R
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you plug the dock into another usb port, does the same issue occur?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rhonn
    Options
    I've changed USB ports, a number of times.  It does seem to resolve the issue temporarily, but the problem does reoccur regardless of laptop USB port.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you plug just the mouse or just the keyboard into the dock, does the issue occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rhonn
    Options
    Both run off the same USB-A dongle.
  • rhonn
    Options
    There are times, very infrequent, that my Logitech webcam will also randomly disconnect.  This is what kind of has me thinking I may need to replace the cable from dock to laptop.  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    I believe @egydiocoelho is trying to pin down whether you might be exceeding the power budget for the docking station with something plugged in other than the keyboard/mouse dongle. You obviously also have a webcam plugged in, any drives or other devices as well?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rhonn
    Options
    I've got two drives, each with it's own power supply, two monitors, also powered,  on the docking station, and an audio plug (speakers) which are powered alone.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

Maybe there is a power overload. I advise testing each device individually.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Try disconnecting the drives and test. If the issue goes away one of the powered drives isn't designed right and is trying to pull power from the dock.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.