Upgrading PSU on predator orion 3000

tripxzz
tripxzz Member Posts: 3 New User
Need help
Can I upgrade my psu from 500 W on my predator orion 3000 to accommodate a rtx 3070 gpu? And if i can, what psu would be recommended

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,468 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    tripxzz said:
    FSP-FSP750-27SCB-Specifications.pdf
    Need help
    Can I upgrade my psu from 500 W on my predator orion 3000 to accommodate a rtx 3070 gpu? And if i can, what psu would be recommended
    The RTX-3070 gpu requires a suggested PSU of 550W. You haven't told us what exact model Orion 3000 you have as most have 500W single rail ATX12VO supply and there are very few aftermarket versions of higher power PSU's that you can replace the OEM with that are available. There is one that I don't know much about and its a 750W PSU called the Alcom FSP750-27SCB here is its PDF specs, also have a look at a community post Predator Orion 3000 po3-620 upgrade as this covers this also.

• tripxzz
    tripxzz Member Posts: 3 New User
    StevenGen said:
    tripxzz said:
    FSP-FSP750-27SCB-Specifications.pdf
    Need help
    The RTX-3070 gpu requires a suggested PSU of 550W. You haven't told us what exact model Orion 3000 you have as most have 500W single rail ATX12VO supply and there are very few aftermarket versions of higher power PSU's that you can replace the OEM with that are available. There is one that I don't know much about and its a 750W PSU called the Alcom FSP750-27SCB here is its PDF specs, also have a look at a community post Predator Orion 3000 po3-620 upgrade as this covers this also.

where would i be able to find the info that you need? i’m quite new to all this so i wouldn’t know myself. i’m looking to try and see the upgrades that it would require before actually buying the PC.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    The sticker on your computer that has the SN and SNID usually also have the full model number, so something like PO3-640-UA11... The model numbers will be different for each year the POs have been sold and for each different SKU they have done. Once we know which model you have we can point toward your options. Note that some PO3 models with 500W supplies ship with decent GPUs, so you can match up with any of those and expect it to work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.