i have a nitro 5 AN515-57 alternative parts

Pengum
Pengum Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
i have a nitro 5 AN515-57 and i was wanting to add an ssd/hdd to my laptop but im missing the ribbon cable (part 50.QBAN2.004) and anywhere i look its sold out so is there a good substitute part to use i did find this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RCGT5V6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BQWGBLWM4VYT&psc=1) but i dont know if itll work for my laptop

i have a nitro 5 AN515-57

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    Pengum said:
    i have a nitro 5 AN515-57 and i was wanting to add an ssd/hdd to my laptop but im missing the ribbon cable (part 50.QBAN2.004) and anywhere i look its sold out so is there a good substitute part to use i did find this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RCGT5V6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BQWGBLWM4VYT&psc=1) but i dont know if itll work for my laptop

Have a look here at ZANDPARTS Acer CABLE.HDD.FFC11.63.

Btw I've got the same problem(s) with my AN515-56 (its cable is: EH50F HDD FFC ASSY - P/N NBX0002HK00 Rev: 1.0) where the OEM SATA cable was damaged when trying to fit the OEM Acer supplied SATA cable to this flimsy useless mobo SATA plug as it didn’t connect/lock and I couldn’t add a secondary 2.5” drive. Be very careful as all these cables are of different thicknesses and that is a big problems also with none OEM SATA cables as a thicker flat cable will not fit or allow the SATA plugs top horizontal locking white part to lock the SATA flat cable fully (see caption of the mobo plug below) hence you won’t be able to clip the top part of the mobo plug for a full and proper connection and your 2.5" drive will not connect and/or work, as you need that top part of the plug to clip in and lock in. Also and if you force the that part onto the cable you could damage the cables pins hence making it useless and you need to replace the SATA cable! This is a very bad/cheap design from Acer and its very disappointing to see that these sorts of shortcuts are used, especially on a gaming fairly expensive laptop of the likes of the Nitro and Predator high end laptops, change the design ACER  :s:'(

Below is how my SATA mobo plug looks like (look at the side locking clips that are damaged) as this plug is useless as it wont allow the SATA cable to be fully locked in hence and as my laptop is under warranty, I have to send it back to Acer for them to either replace this plug (which they won't do) as they will replace the motherboard.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    If you bought the machine in the US or Canada, you can request the 2.5" HDD/SSD kit if it is available at this link

Jack E/NJ

• I would check if the sata cable, hard drive bracket and screws came with the laptop inside the cardboard box.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pengum
    Pengum Member Posts: 2 New User
    So some updates
    Stevegen they do even have the part even if i was wanting to wait a month to get it

Jacke all i ever got back from that form was there was a problem with your request the part number is not valid for thus form

Egydiocoelho i got it second hand at acer recertified so no box other then the shipping one and all i got was the power brick and the laptop inside
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>Jacke all i ever got back from that form was there was a problem with your request the part number is not valid for thus form>>>
    >>>i got it second hand at acer recertified>>>

It should be the machine's serial number id (SNID), not the part number. If the SNID isn't valid, then it might be because it was not first-hand. You might want double-check with acer recertified customer service. https://acerrecertified.com/contact-us/

Jack E/NJ