Is it possible to upgrade the case for my Acer predator Orion PO3-600?

Options
Shrimpy1337
Shrimpy1337 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello, I wanted to ask if it’s possible to migrate the may components of acer predator Orion 3000 po3-600 to a new case. The case that I am looking for is the Corsair 4000X rgb. I would like to change the case without changing the motherboard. Thank you

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, the only issue as Jack suggests is the front panel ports. They are on that 'diving board' extension on the front of your MB and the third party cases have no provisions for them. You will have to either go without those ports of cobble together some wiring adapters for them, specifically the two audio ports and the two USB ports.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Shrimpy1337
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your answer. I was really looking to buy a new airflow case cause the stock one just doesn’t keep up.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, the PO3-600's DTX mainboard should easily fit the Corsair's microATX mainboard mounts and screw holes just fine. The only issue may be placement of the external ports which might require longer cables or extension cables.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, the only issue as Jack suggests is the front panel ports. They are on that 'diving board' extension on the front of your MB and the third party cases have no provisions for them. You will have to either go without those ports of cobble together some wiring adapters for them, specifically the two audio ports and the two USB ports.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Shrimpy1337
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your answer. I was really looking to buy a new airflow case cause the stock one just doesn’t keep up.