Acer nitro 5 an515-44 2020

Options
Ianchis
Ianchis Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
In 2021 I bought a laptop , and today just using it casually my laptop screen just turned off and it won't turn on again , right now I'm using a external monitor and it works just fine , except my windows can t detect my laptop display , even in amd driver the display tab is gone .The laptop still has warranty but I need it right now , has someone experienced this , and can help me ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    Did you try toggling the screen back on with the FN+F6 toggle key combo?

Jack E/NJ

• Ianchis
    Options
    JackE said:
    Did you try toggling the screen back on with the FN+F6 toggle key combo?
    Yes of course , that was the first thing I tried .I've tried everything , resetting the bios , resetting the battery , still nothing ..
  • JackE
    Options
    LCD video cable may have either developed conductor/wire breaks in the hinge area from wear and tear of opening/closing  the lid too much --- or connectors at the base of the screen and mainboard need to be re-seated to help clean the contacts. In either case, the laptop bottom cover needs to be removed to access the connector. Replacement cables are pretty cheap. Less than $20usd but somewhat of a pain to change.

Jack E/NJ

• Ianchis
    Options
    JackE said:
    LCD video cable may have either developed conductor/wire breaks in the hinge area from wear and tear of opening/closing  the lid too much --- or connectors at the base of the screen and mainboard need to be re-seated to help clean the contacts. In either case, the laptop bottom cover needs to be removed to access the connector. Replacement cables are pretty cheap. Less than $20usd but somewhat of a pain to change.
    I don't think the cable is the problem because I never close the lid of the laptop , I use the laptop as a second display almost every time , and I tried to push the lcd connector back but nothing .I still have warranty to it , if nothing helps I'm going to give it to them.
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @Lanchis

You can try to reinstall the display drivers to check if that makes any difference.

How to Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11

NOTE: After uninstalling the display driver you have to reboot the laptop to reinstall the driver.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I still have warranty to it , if nothing helps I'm going to give it to them. >>>

OK. You shouldn't try to open it again since it might affect warranty. Click this link. Choose country where the laptop was purchased. Click support link near top of country page. Enter your machine's serial number id (SNID), and arrange for warranty repair service using the chatline or phone number provided.

Jack E/NJ