BIOS Update for Acer Nitro AN517-51-56YW

jaba102
jaba102 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
I have the Acer Nitro AN517-51-56YW.  My BIOS is the Insyde Solution version 1.33.  That is the latest version listed on Acer's support page.  Windows is showing a BIOS update version 5.34.1.33.  I am having issues with my battery not charging after using the laptop for a while on the battery.  The battery is brand new.  Should I install this update from Windows update and if so, is there a BIOS recovery procedure in case something goes wrong?  Thanks. 

[ edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited August 2022
    You have already installed the latest version, so it is not necessary to install 5.34.1.33. If you take the last 3 digits of the version from windows update version (1.33), you see that it matches your installed version 1.33. Note that BIOS updates always have the risk of bricking the machine. Flashing back to a previous version is not recommended, as it is also associated with risks.
    Concerning the charging issue: Try to reset the battery: Turn off the computer and disconnect all external devices including the power adapter from the machine. Then press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for 30 min.