Acer Veriton DT ES2735G using Logi wireless mouse, new bat. screen keeps freezing.

Pegatome
Pegatome Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
Then it works, then it does not and nothing works. Switch off and on, better then starts again. Suggestions please.

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    ALt-Crtl-Delete, Task Manager Start-up. Disable everything in start-up.
  • Pegatome
    Thanks for the response. Will get back to you.
  • Pegatome
    Hi Larryodie, Been away. But desktop still freezing. Not all the time, just now and then. Afraid nothing works except big red button. A-C-D just doesn't do it. Thanks for effort though.
  • Larryodie
    Did A-C-D get you into task manger to disable your start-ups ?

How do you open your Task Manager?
    Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, select Task Manager. From the Start Screen, type “Task” (Task Manager will show up in apps list) then hit enter. From the desktop, right click on the task bar and select “Task Manager” from the context menu
  • Larryodie
    This is while you're in Windows, just have all apps stopped and then restart after you disable everything in start-up. You can enable one by one at a later time if the freezing stops.

• Pegatome
    Hi, Thanks for follow up. No movement at all, keyboard or mouse so unable to instigate action. Task Manager, I have in past right clicked task bar to access. I should add, I am not a pc geek, although a fair working knowledge of my pc. I dont get in too deep.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    So when the symptom is a freeze that doesn't allow mouse movements that typically means an app or driver has taken control of the bus and isn't letting anyone else in the play. That is why Larry is suggesting forcing everything off except the normal Windows pieces. If it doesn't freeze in that environment then you can gradually add things back in until it freezes again, which points at which one is being a bad actor. If it freezes still with everything disabled then it's more likely to be hardware...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Do the following after you're in Windows. Do the following then reboot & follow Billesy's advice. It's either this or take to a repair shop.

PRESS Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, select Task Manager. From the Start Screen, type “Task” (Task Manager will show up in apps list) then hit enter. From the desktop, right click on the task bar and select “Task Manager” from the context menu
  • Larryodie
    edited August 2022
    Right click on the taskbar to get the task manager no longer works on my computer doesn't work anymore from updates or WIN11 ? But ctrl-alt-del does work. 
    In fact it may work when your computer freezes as it is an escape route to restart.
  • Larryodie
    You can disable them by this method too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9P5eZm1AoA
  • Pegatome
    Hi, Thanks for your input guys. As screen freezing with me is a random thing, I shall await oportunity to put into place suggestions. I use Mozilla Firefox, always suited me so I stick with it. My newish tower unit has Windows 10, it/MS, wants me to use Edge/Bing. Which I prefer not. I am not a gamer and dont need W 11. My feeling is it is something to do with that. We shall see.
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @Pegatome

You can try to do a reset to check if that makes any difference.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/recovery-options-in-windows-31ce2444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

Check the above link to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • Larryodie

If you're using any Adobe Flash dependent programs and Firefox then you have a problem. I use Google Chrome.

I'm out of here until you do the things that are suggested.

• Pegatome

Hi Larryodie,

Thanks for your input.

Most car owners are good competant drivers. But if the car goes wrong they ask around to see if they can sort the problem. If not into the garage.

Most computer owners are the same. They ask around, as I am doing at the moment. If they are not confident or dont fully understand why something is being suggested, they will not proceed until they do. So once again, thanks for you suggestions but I will proceed in my own time.

As you say probably best I am 'out of here'.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

We've got patience... Especially with intermittent problems it can take a long time to work through the diagnostics...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pegatome

Thanks folks for all suggestions and advise. I have to say this pc senior was a bit nervous about some suggestions made, thinking they were a bit beyond my pay grade!

But before I got someone in with the right pay grade, I was thinking my relitively new Acer only has 4GB RAM and a manufacturers installed constant RSS feed of Google? news via desktop. I think this was too much, so I have got rid of it. You know what, no freezing since. May be speeking too early but so far so good. Although considering upping my RAM still.

Thanks again folks.

• Larryodie

Awesome.

If you do a ALT-CTRL-Delete and open Task Manger , you can see your processes that are running and memory % usage.

Performance will show graphically.

A very handy tool to keep on top

• Larryodie

You can also search on "Task Manager" from WIndows to see it and keep on top with the option.

Look at your start-up tab too.

• Larryodie