Fail to apply image with index 1 Acer Nitro AN517-51

Buckmeister
Buckmeister Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2022 in Aspire Laptops
My son has an Acer Nitro AN517-51, the device would not boot - returning no bootable disk
I purchased the Acer recovery USB 
This got to 10% in the Restore Progress (Recovery Management Ver 14.0.8)
Now it shows  error dialogue  NAPP_SCD "Fail to apply image with index 1, error code is : -1"

Now I am stuck not sure what to do?

[edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• Buckmeister
    edited August 2022
    My son has an Acer Nitro AN517-51, the device would not boot - returning no bootable disk
    I purchased the Acer recovery USB 
    This got to 10% in the Restore Progress (Recovery Management Ver 14.0.8)
    Now it shows  error dialogue  NAPP_SCD "Fail to apply image with index 1, error code is : -1"

Now I am stuck not sure what to do?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Buckmeister

Seems the boot disk failed. Does it show up in the BIOS? 
    Can you reach the Restore Menu by holding down the ALT key and keep tapping the F10 key when bootup?

I seldom see people succeeded in restoring with the Acer recovery USB.

• Buckmeister
    boot priority didn't show anything before beginning the recovery from USB
    now it shows 1 Windows Boot Manager, 2 USB HDD: USB

• Can you send a picture of the bios info tab? I want to see if the ssd and hdd are showing up in the bios. Also try changing sata mode to ahci in bios. To do this, go to the main tab, press ctrl+s and change the sata mode to ahci. Then launch ERECOVERY USB ACER again.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Press and hold power button till laptop shuts off. Turn machine on and immediately tap F2 key to enter BIOS menu. Please post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab.

Jack E/NJ

• SpaceVoyager1701
    SpaceVoyager1701 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm trying to restore my system on the Predator PT315-52, but it keeps giving me this message that says "NAPP_SCD, Fail to apply image with index 1, error code is : -1". It's now stuck and I don't know what to do.