Bad Quality audio on Bluetooth headphones Acer Nitro A515-57

mubashir062
mubashir062 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello,
I am using Windows 11 on Acer Nitro A515-57. I don't know for what reason whenever i connect any of my Bluetooth headphones or speakers the quality of sound is like old radio. Headphone or speakers work very good on my phone or my other windows 10 PC. it was working good on this laptop too but in start of 2022 i got some updates afterwards it is very bad quality audio. i even tried resetting windows by removing everything no solution. can anyone help me about this what should i do??

Kind regards

[edited the title to add model name ]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,
    I am using Windows 11 on Acer Nitro A515-57. I don't know for what reason whenever i connect any of my Bluetooth headphones or speakers the quality of sound is like old radio. Headphone or speakers work very good on my phone or my other windows 10 PC. it was working good on this laptop too but in start of 2022 i got some updates afterwards it is very bad quality audio. i even tried resetting windows by removing everything no solution. can anyone help me about this what should i do??

Kind regards
    Try to get all audio/Bt drivers back to Acer OEM only, uninstall whatever drivers that you have. As your headphones or external BT speakers sound problems have nothing to do with the audio drivers its your BT driver that is very problematic with these Nitro AN515-57 in Win-11, that I've experienced with my new Nitro AN515-56 running Win-11, which only works on Acer OEM BT driver Version: 22.40.0.2 like your has too, don't update the OEM Acer BT driver, leave this BT driver as is (btw the Wi-Fi driver can be updated to the newer Intel Killer drivers as they work 100% for the Killer AX1650i card) but, whenever you update the Wi-Fi drivers to newer drivers or any other drivers in Win-11, Windows Update will always rollback these drivers, back to the one's that Microsoft latest drive are and it won't allow windows to run any new external/different drivers than what Microsoft Windows Update latest drivers are. All the drivers on my new Nitro AN515-56 have all the OEM audio and BT drivers installed and it works 100% with my BT headphones the JBL-LIVE650BTNC and my BT Bose-SoundLink Color II external speakers as I've had not had any sound quality problems with them. Good luck and hope this helps you out as its very frustrating.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

Kind regards
    Try to get all audio/Bt drivers back to Acer OEM only, uninstall whatever drivers that you have. As your headphones or external BT speakers sound problems have nothing to do with the audio drivers its your BT driver that is very problematic with these Nitro AN515-57 in Win-11, that I've experienced with my new Nitro AN515-56 running Win-11, which only works on Acer OEM BT driver Version: 22.40.0.2 like your has too, don't update the OEM Acer BT driver, leave this BT driver as is (btw the Wi-Fi driver can be updated to the newer Intel Killer drivers as they work 100% for the Killer AX1650i card) but, whenever you update the Wi-Fi drivers to newer drivers or any other drivers in Win-11, Windows Update will always rollback these drivers, back to the one's that Microsoft latest drive are and it won't allow windows to run any new external/different drivers than what Microsoft Windows Update latest drivers are. All the drivers on my new Nitro AN515-56 have all the OEM audio and BT drivers installed and it works 100% with my BT headphones the JBL-LIVE650BTNC and my BT Bose-SoundLink Color II external speakers as I've had not had any sound quality problems with them. Good luck and hope this helps you out as its very frustrating.
  • Some users are complaining about this audio issue. This could be because of the latest update from microsoft. Have you tried to restore windows?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mubashir062
    mubashir062 Member Posts: 2 New User
    StevenGen said:
    Hello,

Kind regards
    Thank you so much for pointing out the exact problem. Instead of uninstalling drivers, I just disabled the "intel® smart sound technology for bluetooth® audio" under "Sound, Videos and game controller" in device manager. and now audio is working very good. I have been trying to fix this for months. thank you so much again
  • Vanacher
    Vanacher Member Posts: 1 New User

I really want to thank you for your solution. By just disabling ""intel® smart sound technology for bluetooth® audio" all my BT headphones and speakers started to work as expected. No words can describe how thankful I feel, as I've been trying to fix this since January. Thank you!