Login does not display mouse or pin space but does display tmime and date

Options
Y3tarnished
Y3tarnished Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello I have a problem using mouse or keyboard at login screen after default reboot in BIOS. This problem started when I was replacing ram but now I have originals back in place and went through the BIOS hit f9 ran default. My system is the po3-600 initially had 16gbx2 ram, but the ddr4 32gbx2 I installed ram but with the same issue of no input from keyboard or mouse at login.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,014 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hello I have a problem using mouse or keyboard at login screen after default reboot in BIOS. This problem started when I was replacing ram but now I have originals back in place and went through the BIOS hit f9 ran default. My system is the po3-600 initially had 16gbx2 ram, but the ddr4 32gbx2 I installed ram but with the same issue of no input from keyboard or mouse at login.

Replacing RAM should not do these things to your Keyboard and Mouse! What is your bios version that you have running/installed on your PO3-600, is it the last bios version? Also you could have a USB port problem where the keyboard and mouse plug into, check this out first and use another keyboard and mouse to see if they are working? Also and if all the PO3-600 USB mobo ports are working?

If they are and your problem is still there, try to reset the bios by taking the RTC/bios battery out to rest the bios and also doing a "Jumper Reset" (see captions below) which is another task that can be used to reset the desktops bios. You may need to do all this if the computer no longer boots properly or there are issues with a corrupted bios and its functions after experimenting with the BIOS settings or the bios needs to be reset.

Otherwise and if you have an old bios you will need to update the bios to the last PO3-600 bios Version: R01-C1 as your bios is corrupted or frozen within but be very careful (this bios update advice is only give to you as an alternative action and I don't take any responsibility if you do this wrongly!) as and also "Acer Warns Users" that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution" as you could brick your desktop especially in your case and if you don't know how to update the PO3-600 desktops bios and never have done the PO3-600 bios update and the correct bios update steps! 

PO3-600 RTC/BIOS Battery