My acer nitro 5 AN515-57-56FC turned off out of nowhere while playing, and now it won't turn on

jeanzinho
jeanzinho Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

now it doesn't turn on, the power and charging lights don't turn on.

I need help

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    (1) Unplug charger.
    (2) Press and hold power button for about 10 seconds. No LEDs should be lit.
    (3) Plug charger back in
    (4) Wait for battery charge LED to light up blinking or steady orange, then steady blue. This may take up to 24 hours
    (5) Only after battery charge LED turns steady blue, then try to turn the laptop on again.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I advise sending the laptop in for repair. This technician is very experienced: https://www.youtube.com/c/Electronicsrepairschool

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    (1) Unplug charger.
    (3) Plug charger back in
    (4) Wait for battery charge LED to light up blinking or steady orange, then steady blue. This may take up to 24 hours
    (5) Only after battery charge LED turns steady blue, then try to turn the laptop on again.

Jack E/NJ

• Is your laptop still under warranty?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jeanzinho

Tinkerer

my laptop is no longer under warranty
  • jeanzinho

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    (1) Unplug charger.
    (3) Plug charger back in
    After all, what do I do?
  • jeanzinho

Tinkerer

When I did that, a burning smell began to come out of the charging port.
  • jeanzinho

Tinkerer

How can I prevent this from happening again?
  • JackE
    >>>When I did that, a burning smell began to come out of the charging port. >>>

Is the center pin contact straight in the charging port jack? Or is it bent and touching the sliders ?

Jack E/NJ

• jeanzinho

Tinkerer

the pin contact is directly on the charging port connector
  • jeanzinho

Tinkerer

it does not let me charge the laptop, it does not charge even 10%
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I advise sending the laptop in for repair. This technician is very experienced: https://www.youtube.com/c/Electronicsrepairschool

egydiocoelho Trailblazer