Does anyone have the Original OS windows 10 64bit for a Acer AN515-54. intel I5 8GB 256GB SSD M.2

Cyber49er
Cyber49er Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Looking for someone that might have or got their hands on the Original OS windows 10 64 bit for a Nitro AN515-54. My SSD took a [Content removed] and wont work, tried it in other laptops and external drive cases. So I installed a new SSD and the machine works great but I tried installing windows 10 64 bit that is not tailored for this acer and the Drivers won't load right even after searching and my touchpad stopped working as well. Only an external mouse works. If anyone could reach out before I contact acer that would be great. Thanks in advance.

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,447 Trailblazer
    if it was purchased in US or Canada, you can usually order the original factory version from the Acer store on a USB stick for about $40usd. However, if you install the Win10 chipset, serial io and touchpad drivers (Synaptic or Elantech --- check Device Manager to see what you have) from this Acer OEM updates link, everything should work OK. If not, there are other ways to fix the thing.

Jack E/NJ

• Cyber49er
    JackE said:
    if it was purchased in US or Canada, you can usually order the original factory version from the Acer store on a USB stick for about $40usd. However, if you install the Win10 chipset, serial io and touchpad drivers (Synaptic or Elantech --- check Device Manager to see what you have) from this Acer OEM updates link, everything should work OK. If not, there are other ways to fix the thing.

Thank you JackE, and I have tried that but for some reason the laptop still shows that there are driver issues with the Bluetooth and video drivers. And to top it all off there are two Microsoft updates that continue to fail even thought I downloaded the updates myself and tried to install them manually. The track pad still continues to not function at all. I do have the latest bios v1.33 and I did install the i/o drivers and chipset drivers as well. I just thought that the factory image would have all this and It would load correctly without any issues.
  • JackE
    >>>My SSD took a ***** and wont work,>>>

Before we proceed any further, can you put the old SSD back in? Then turn the machine on and immediately tap F2 to enter the BIOS menu. Then post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab.

Jack E/NJ

• Cyber49er
    edited August 2022

Here is the Bios info with the Original SSD Hard Drive.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• JackE

OK. One of the issues might be iRST with optane SATA mode. I think the BIOS was setup up for a machine with a 2.5" HDD with an m.2 optane cache speed enhancer. That's probably what the factory image expects but that's apparently not the machine that you got for some reason. Probably later production model.

OK. Put the new drive back in there. Then post another phone photo of the BIOS Information tab just to make sure it looks the same. Then we'll try to change the SATA mode to AHCI via the safe boot method which we'll get into after seeing the phone photo. I think AHCI mode will make it easier to address the remaining issues.

Jack E/NJ

• I advise pressing ctrl+s in the main bios tab, so that the sata mode function appears. I have a model similar to yours too. If the problem continues, go to device manager and then copy and paste the IDHARDWARE of the devices that are having problems.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

Yes but don't change SATA mode yet without first booting from safe mode. Don't want to get ahead ourselves and corrupt the Windows installation that's already installed.

Jack E/NJ

• Cyber49er
    edited August 2022

So I was able to locate another driver for the Touch pad and Bluetooth from a 515-56 and they work now. The only thing that is still not right but then again it might be ok is the video driver. Not sure if this machine has a Nvidia GPU or intel. Either way I tried multiple drivers and I get nothing. Other than that the only thing it does not do is update Microsoft updates.

I have one more question. I have been thinking about upgrading this to Windows 11. Would that fix these last two issues? Thanks everyone!

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• JackE

Win11 will only complicate matters at this point since there are no ACER OEM drivers available yet.

Your main problem is that Windows is using its generic basic display driver for the discrete Nvidia GPU. The Intel GPU driver is fine. One of the nvidia VGA drivers on the ACER download site for this model should work. If you know which nvidia adapter you have ---- 1050 or 2060 or 1650 or 1660ti --- then that's the one your want. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7964?b=1

If none of them work, the download and install Driver Booster freeware to see if it can pick up a better nvidia driver online.

Jack E/NJ

• Cyber49er

When I download the drivers and try to install them I get this message all the time on all of them.

And when I go to the Nvidia website and get the drivers there it also gives me errors. Not the same one but it just says not the correct Hardware even though I try all four of them.

• This model comes with an nvidia 1650 video card. Try installing this version: https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/516.94/516.94-notebook-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

Do you still have Win10 installed?

Jack E/NJ

• Cyber49er

egydiocoelho That driver did not work and failed with the same error.

JackE, yes I still have win10 64bit still installed.

• JackE

OK. If the nvidia site doesn't work by filling in the form and choosing the standard Windows driver option, then download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can pick up a better drivers on line for whatever nvidia chip got soldered to your mainboard. Production changes can happen without notice.

https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Jack E/NJ

• If the problem continues, try reinstalling windows, erasing and deleting all partitions.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer