Can someone help? My predator helios 300 PH315-52 suddenly auto type spamming even at bios

Options
gwyne
gwyne Member Posts: 8 New User
It is like clicking a key in my keyboard repeatedly without me clicking anything 

this is a link to a video showing my problem: https://streamable.com/686olk

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,543 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sounds like the keyboard connector on the mainboard needs to be re-seated a few times to help clean its contacts. Sometimes happens during hot and humid weather when the connections become intermittent and results in multiple or automatic keystrokes . Unfortunately, 10 screws and bottom cover must be removed along with the battery to access the keyboard connector which is also covered with sticky tape.

Jack E/NJ

• gwyne
    Options
    I tried reseating the keyboard connector as you said but still did not help. Do you have other solutions?
  • gwyne
    Options
    I tried turning on my laptop and close the lid to make it sleep, then I removed the keyboard connector, the problem is not showing anymore using an external keyboard but the internal keyboard should be disconnected. What can i do?
  • gwyne
    Options
    JackE said:
    Sounds like the keyboard connector on the mainboard needs to be re-seated a few times to help clean its contacts. Sometimes happens during hot and humid weather when the connections become intermittent and results in multiple or automatic keystrokes . Unfortunately, 10 screws and bottom cover must be removed along with the battery to access the keyboard connector which is also covered with sticky tape.

After removing the keyboard connector and using an external keyboard, it is not auto typing anymore. I am not sure if the problem is with the internal keyboard itself or maybe in the connector 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,543 Trailblazer
    Options
    I still think the connector is the problem. Lightly moisten a cotton swab or Q-tip  with rubbing alcohol. Gently rub to clean the contacts on the keyboard ribbon cable and the mainboard connector. Wipe dry with clean cloth. Then re-insert connector and test again. 

Jack E/NJ