Nitro 5 update & restart loop..

Joe21
Joe21 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello, 

I have a Nitro 5..bought it brand new and I only use it for shipping ebay labels a couple times a week.. Never had an issue.

Came home today, it wasn't connected to wifi for some odd reason and it would not connect. So, I turned off the laptop and when it went to restart it says Updating for like 2 seconds then it says restarting and shuts off.

It does show the Acer logo.

I never authorized an update so I don't know why I am even dealing with an update issue. I've tried hours of YouTube ideas and I'm still stuck. I'm border line about to reset the PC but I have extremely important personal court case documents on this computer that I can not lose.

Any help would he greatly appreciated!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    Joe21 said:
    Hello, 

I have a Nitro 5..bought it brand new and I only use it for shipping ebay labels a couple times a week.. Never had an issue.

Came home today, it wasn't connected to wifi for some odd reason and it would not connect. So, I turned off the laptop and when it went to restart it says Updating for like 2 seconds then it says restarting and shuts off.

It does show the Acer logo.

I never authorized an update so I don't know why I am even dealing with an update issue. I've tried hours of YouTube ideas and I'm still stuck. I'm border line about to reset the PC but I have extremely important personal court case documents on this computer that I can not lose.

Any help would he greatly appreciated!
    Due to not knowing the exact Nitro model laptop that your have like the models of the Nitro e.g. AN515-xx I will only advise you on the new Nitro that I have which is an AN515-56 and is probably the same as your? I've also had the same problems with the network/BT card and the same power on issues. These laptops have issues with their Wi-Fi 6 and especially their Bluetooth drivers update issues in Win-11, as with these new Nitro's its their Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i and especially their BT drivers as whenever Win-11 updates their BT drivers they don't work and the BT is dead (could be the same with your Wi-Fi) so make sure that ONLY the Acer OEM drivers are installed that your laptop came with, then look in "Device Manager" if Windows Update has updated these drivers and if they have then rollback to the OEM Acer drivers for both but, you need to delete the windows update Wi-Fi or BT drivers from reinstalling as they will be installed in a loop within windows update automatically.

With the power on issues, turn the laptop off, disconnect the charger and unscrew all the screws from the back cover, pry the back cover off and then first disconnect the main battery then the black bios battery underneath the main battery which is on the left side, leave them disconnected for about 5 min and then reconnect and put everything back together and boot the laptop up, all this should boot your laptop up 100% and your laptop will function properly. Don't forget that allot of the Windows Update especially the BIOS INSYDE firmware that is available through Windows Update for your Nitro "YOU DO NOT UPDATE OR INSTALL" as it will brick your Nitro laptop, only update graphics/gpu firmware as they work and install 100%. After all this and your laptop boots properly, open Device Manager and check that you have the OEM Acer drivers installed as they work perfectly and don't need updating. 
  • What happens when you press alt+f10 before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)