Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51| Help with storage/RAM upgrade

Options
JEHAD2022
JEHAD2022 Member Posts: 2 New User

I want to add SSD, is this the best option in the market for my laptop ???  (Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 PCIe NVMe Internal SSD(MZ-V7E500BW) https://www.amazon.sa/-/en/gp/product/B07BN4NJ2J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A14PAP71RVPZX1&psc=1

I also want to upgrade my RAM (
Kingston KVR32S22D8/16 Memory 16 GB 3200MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL22 SODIMM 2Rx8
Is it compatible with my laptop???https://www.amazon.sa/-/en/gp/product/B07ZVHBSNG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2R3VIMQ1WRL53&psc=1

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, they should both work OK in your model.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    "JEHAD2022" your Nitro AN515-51 M.2 interface drive speed is PCIe 3 x2, the Samsung 970 EVO is an M.2 PCIe 3 x4 which should work but its one of the most expensive M.2 drive options for your laptop, the WD NS530 or NS570 M.2 drives are a cheaper and more suitable option to upgrade to, as fitting the Samsung EVO 970 will not give you any speed advantages or will your AN515-51 utilise the Samsung's 970's EVO M.2 full speed. With the RAM I would suggest that you do the Crucial System Scan this scanner works like this "this scanner simply looks in your BIOS for system information and then searches the Crucial website for compatible matches. We cannot access any of your personal data with the Crucial System Scanner, so using it will not compromise your system security. If you are concerned about downloading this file, you can scan it with your antivirus software before running it" so use this as you will get the best RAM upgrade options for your AN515-51. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    "JEHAD2022" your Nitro AN515-51 M.2 interface drive speed is PCIe 3 x2, the Samsung 970 EVO is an M.2 PCIe 3 x4 which should work but its one of the most expensive M.2 drive options for your laptop, the WD NS530 or NS570 M.2 drives are a cheaper and more suitable option to upgrade to, as fitting the Samsung EVO 970 will not give you any speed advantages or will your AN515-51 utilise the Samsung's 970's EVO M.2 full speed. With the RAM I would suggest that you do the Crucial System Scan this scanner works like this "this scanner simply looks in your BIOS for system information and then searches the Crucial website for compatible matches. We cannot access any of your personal data with the Crucial System Scanner, so using it will not compromise your system security. If you are concerned about downloading this file, you can scan it with your antivirus software before running it" so use this as you will get the best RAM upgrade options for your AN515-51. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Jack E/NJ