Aspire A715-42G is the HDMI connected to dGPU or iGPU

Options
fkface
fkface Member Posts: 6 New User
edited October 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I recently bought a Aspire 7 with R5 5500U and an RTX 3050.
Does anyone have the tech specs for this thing? I'd like to know if the HDMI port on this thing is connected to the dGPU or the iGPU.
Also, I'd would love to know if the USB-C port is DP capable. Thank you!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,867 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Does not support video output:
    But I think you can use an active converter! About the hdmi, see this information:

Who controls the hdmi and dp port, is the video card nvidia.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,695 Trailblazer
    Options
    The HDMI port is version 2.1 with video output from the iGPU. The table below shows expected refresh rates for various monitors. You might find other monitors that can be driven at 100Hz but you shouldn't expect higher rates or resolutions.

The USBC port is data only that does not natively support video output. Accordingly, an active USBC-to-DP signal converter would be needed to use it with an external monitor. HDMI and VGA signal converters are also available. But because refresh rates would be low with a USB signal converter, it would not be suitable for gaming.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,867 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Does not support video output:
    But I think you can use an active converter! About the hdmi, see this information:

Who controls the hdmi and dp port, is the video card nvidia.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • fkface
    fkface Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the help.
    So no USB DP. Can you guys recommend a USB-C charger for this? That would be super handy for when your outside.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, none of the USB ports support laptop charging. However, a small 100watt AC inverter for your car from Walmart or Amazon will work just fine with your existing charger.

Jack E/NJ

• NHT
    NHT Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

May I ask where you got the detailed specification pdf files of Acer's products? My friends and I have met this problem many times, when we try to find out what is our HDMI version we cant get it directly from Acer, we have gone through the manuals but most of the time they will some something general like "HDMI port" and did not tell us the exact version of the ports. Is there any database of Acer laptops, monitor specifications? Thank you!

• NHT
    NHT Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

May I ask where you got the detailed specification pdf files of Acer's products? My friends and I have met this problem many times, when we try to find out what is our HDMI version we cant get it directly from Acer, we have gone through the manuals but most of the time they will some something general like "HDMI port" and did not tell us the exact version of the ports. Is there any database of Acer laptops, monitor specifications? Thank you!

• JackE
    Options

Exact versions may vary with the particular mainboard used even for the same model series. In general, components used are subject to change without notice depending for example on date or region where a particular model was manufactured.

Jack E/NJ