My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 keep bootlooping

Options
WTapper
WTapper Member Posts: 8 New User
So after using for 4 months, everytime I unflug my laptop and turn it back on, my bios resets and bootloop for 4-5 times then finally boot into windows. Do anyone knows how to fix this?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,030 Trailblazer
    Options
    WTapper said:
    So after using for 4 months, everytime I unflug my laptop and turn it back on, my bios resets and bootloop for 4-5 times then finally boot into windows. Do anyone knows how to fix this?
    Have you installed any updates that was interrupted or updated the bios before you got this "bootloop"? As those are some of the symptoms of a "bootloop" like you are getting. To fix this problem (btw, its too long to explain to you here) see this guide "What Is a Bootloop? How Do They Start & Can You Fix It?" As this article explains what is going on with your AN515-57 laptop which btw is a very new laptop and should NOT be BOOTLOOPING at all and should function 100% and never have a bootloop. 
  • WTapper
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    WTapper said:
    Have you installed any updates that was interrupted or updated the bios before you got this "bootloop"? As those are some of the symptoms of a "bootloop" like you are getting. To fix this problem (btw, its too long to explain to you here) see this guide "What Is a Bootloop? How Do They Start & Can You Fix It?" As this article explains what is going on with your AN515-57 laptop which btw is a very new laptop and should NOT be BOOTLOOPING at all and should function 100% and never have a bootloop. 
    I haven't installed any updates or just updated the bios at all. I didn't even touch the bios tho
  • WTapper
    Options
    I think I know the problem.
    So one day, I was running out of storage, so I decided to upgrade my hdd to extend it. While the installation I unplug the cable which i believed that was the battery cable (it's not). After install the hdd and close the laptop, i forgot to plug the cable back in, everything still running fine so i thought i have done everything correctly. But i recently open my laptop again and check, turns out the cable that i unplug was the CMOS battery cable NOT the main battery. after plug it back in, everything seem to fix. No bootlooping, the clock is right, the bios settings doesn't reset or changes. But I think I still need to use it for a while and make sure that the CMOS battery was the only problem.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    That could be the problem. But you may need to replace the cmos battery as well.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @WTapper

You can try to do a reset to check if that makes any difference.

How to Restore Windows on my Acer Computer Using Alt + F10 on startup
    1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Press the Power key to turn on the computer.
    3. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. 
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC.
    NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.