Battery Problem Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53.

Options
Yota
Yota Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2022 in Predator Laptops
I'm having a problem with my Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53. My battery says it is plugged in, but it will not charge fully. It decreases slowly over time and will shut off completely when I unplug it. I've tried looking online for solutions, but none have helped me (like resetting my drivers, restarting my computer and checking to see if my battery was plugged in on the inside). This problem occurred when I tried to slightly pull my laptop from my desk while it was still plugged (I even tried this gently) and the edge of my desk pulled the cord from my laptop, which caused it to turn off completely. Upon turning it back on it was at 20%, but saying it was plugged in. From there it started to slowly decrease in battery. I need help with this as I don't know what else to do.

[edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,543 Trailblazer
    Options
    (1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• Yota
    Options
    JackE said:
    (1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Is this what you're talking about?

• JackE
    Options
    Sorry, your battery has lost nearly 85% of its original design capacity. It should be replaced to avoid a fire hazard. Google search the keywords ph315-53 battery for  vendors who ship to your location. Should cost about $40-50usd.

Jack E/NJ

• Yota
    Options
    JackE said:
    Sorry, your battery has lost nearly 85% of its original design capacity. It should be replaced to avoid a fire hazard. Google search the keywords ph315-53 battery for  vendors who ship to your location. Should cost about $40-50usd.

Okay. Thank you for your help.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,973 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Yota said:
    I'm having a problem with my Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53. My battery says it is plugged in, but it will not charge fully. It decreases slowly over time and will shut off completely when I unplug it. I've tried looking online for solutions, but none have helped me (like resetting my drivers, restarting my computer and checking to see if my battery was plugged in on the inside). This problem occurred when I tried to slightly pull my laptop from my desk while it was still plugged (I even tried this gently) and the edge of my desk pulled the cord from my laptop, which caused it to turn off completely. Upon turning it back on it was at 20%, but saying it was plugged in. From there it started to slowly decrease in battery. I need help with this as I don't know what else to do.
    To me any such things as you said that happened "I tried to slightly pull my laptop from my desk while it was still pluggedcan cause the laptops DC side port to be damaged, as it doesn't take much for this port to be damaged inside and the actual port to not make 100% contact hence not charging your battery and this DC port/cable needs to be replaced, the battery is another matter as and even if your battery has lost nearly 85% of its original design capacity, if the charger is pugged in the battery should be charging and have enough power so that your laptop works and doesn't turn off with no power. Replace the DC port/cable and also the battery and see if that fixes your charging problem, if not then its an internal circuitry issue that you need an experienced technician that has all the tools to look at and diagnose and replace the faulty parts, as internal issues are complex and a user like you can't fix. 
  • Yota
    Options
    I got a new battery and everything seems to be working fine now. Thank you all for the replies.
  • JackE
    Options
    Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back on your success. :)

Jack E/NJ