Nitro N50-620 Faulty Power Supply - Power Surge?

bxnral
bxnral Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi,

Yesterday I received my Nitro N50-620 PC. I unboxed it, plugged everything in and switched the plug on. As soon as I switched on the plug there was a loud pop and a flash of light. 

I immediately freaked out and unplugged everything. It had flipped my breaker, so I reset it to get the electric back on, and plugged it in again only for the same thing to happen once I flipped the switch - baring mind this is a brand new PC and was the first time turning it on! 

I’m beyond gutted and was really looking forward to getting a PC upgrade. I’ve tried it again today on different sockets, it seems normal but if you press the power button nothing happens, plugging in USB appliances to test and you get nothing from that too.

I’m really unsure what to do or even if it can be fixed. I don’t want to open the case incase it voids the warranty, I’m going to ring the place I got it from and ask for a replacement.

Anyone had this happen before or can explain to me? I just can’t believe this has happened on a brand new, out of the box PC.

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Your machine is under warranty, so contact your dealer and ask for replacement.