Is there a way to change xmp in acer aspire tc 875 UR12?

Flasha
Flasha Member Posts: 6 New User
I’m asking because I put new ram in here some ddr4 3200 and they only run at 2666mhz. And I also have plans to see if I can upgrade my cpu cooler too because idk why but I think my cpu is over heating and it doesn’t boost over 4ghz and it bottlenecks my gtx 1050ti I put in my pc. I have an i5 10400

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    There is no XMP support in the B460 chipset used in the TC-875 design. 2666 is the fastest that memory will run at. Run one of the utilities to monitor CPU temperature (I use Core Temp) to see what your CPU is actually running at before trying to change the cooling. It sounds like you might have made a better choice by getting a gaming rig instead of trying to take a generic desktop and turning it into a gamer...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    Sorry no. Mainboard RAM buss is limited to 2666MHz If you haven't done it yearly since you've acquired the machine, the heatsink probably should be re-pasted to the CPU using Kryonaut or ArcticMX4 thermal paste. This is considered normal maintenance especially if gaming a lot.

Jack E/NJ