My Nitro 5 laptop neither getting on nor getting charged

I have purchased Nitro 5 laptop 1 year back and 5months after purchasing suddenly there is problem with screen so as it is under warranty they replaced a new sceeen and then after 13 months I faced issue with battery, service men just removed and placed back battery and then It got fixed .
 But yesterday I have opened laptop and powered it on and kept charging pin then suddenly it shut down and also charging is not working . The laptop neither getting charged or not getting power on . There is 35% remaining power in the battery . 

What might be the issue with my laptop ? If so  how much it costs?🙄🙄 Even though I have purchased it 1 year ago I  have used ro it for 6-7 months  . Please anyone answer my question and tell me the issue or any troubleshoots 

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @sangeethpasunuti

You can disconnect the laptop from the charger and try to press and hold down the power button for 30 secs. Then connect it back to charger and try to turn it on to check if that makes any difference.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • sangeethpasunuti
    sangeethpasunuti Member Posts: 8 New User
    I tried that method bro  but it didn't worked, one of the Acer service center guy told that it might be the problem with motherboard. If it is dead or shorted then the repair cost will be 45-55k range. I have purchased my machine for 70k . 🙄🙄 

Do you think that it is issue with motherboard?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer
    Most likely it is the charger itself. Do you have access to a meter to test the output of the charger? It should be 19V when under a load...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sangeethpasunuti
    sangeethpasunuti Member Posts: 8 New User
     thebillsey said:
    Most likely it is the charger itself. Do you have access to a meter to test the output of the charger? It should be 19V when under a load...
    I don't have a meter to test the output 😢
     As your expectation it is charger fault, if so then why the machine is not turning on , when it shut down the charge in machine is nearly 30% . 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    Depending on how it was shut down, it could easily have continued to use battery power. Windows 'fast startup' mode uses power when the machine is off, as do things like Wake on LAN.
    You might look into getting a meter, they can be had pretty inexpensively and would help to point toward the solution.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer

sangeethpasunuti>>>My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 An515-55 Recently my motherboard shorted and input power supply got affected and service person repaired it and then after when I connect the charging Adaptor it shows plugged in ,charging but battery % is not increasing , it stays at 0% Only. And I again contacted that service person to explain these issue , then they have checked my laptop and told that my current adaptor is faulty and when it is connected,the IC's are getting heated so try to replace the charger with original one . but my intention is that I got that old charger with my laptop i.e original I think. What might be the issue. Is this again motherboard issue or charging adaptor issue? Any troubleshoot guys?>>>

sangeethpasunut

Please don't start new threads on the exact same issue. It will only waste time, delay resolution, and confuse, Please stay on this thread and respond to suggestions made by @billsey

Jack E/NJ